A vintage hardware question..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by downhill, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downhill

downhill Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm having a hard time justifying keeping an old reel to reel around. At the same time, I'm also having a hard time deciding what to do with it. It has a lot of sentimental value but it's also just clutter as I've not used it in 25 years. I still do own a reel to reel, a Pioneer RT 707 that I don't use either but it's easier on the eyes..:D

This older one is a Roberts model 9975 my mom bought for my dad in 1963 I believe. At the time, it was state of the art...Tubes...yep. It has tubes for the amp sections...

The heads have been rewired as the switch was getting bad for straight stereo, mono ect ect..to Stereo both ways...I'm sure there isn't a way to fix this as the parts have probably been out of production for over 35 years now. :(

Anyway, is there any value other than sentimental for keeping something this old?

Thanks in advance..

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

When you have equipment that's not being used, it's time to give it a happier home. Good equipment only lives on in use. When it's banked in a basement or a city dump, it's unappreciated.

I would put them on eBay or something like it, clean it up and take pictures. Give that stuff a life.

3. downhill

downhill Senior Member Thread Starter

This thing weighs about 40 lbs.....

I could put it on Ebay......It would probably cost me more than I make on it and I can't imagine what it would cost to ship...

Thanks for your reply. :)

4. whitenoise

whitenoise New Member

Ebay has a local ship only option, I believe, but it's probably a long shot. Still, you never know what someone might be willing to pay to get something...

5. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.