ABC cancels The Chew

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

It was on 7 years. You didn't "predict" much. That's a nice, healthy, life span for a show.

2. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

I will never understand why people like this show.
    I know people who like it.
    I watched it once and it was one of the most annoying and obnoxious shows i’ve ever seen.
    I didn’t find it informative or funny or remotely entertaining.
    To be fair, I pretty much feel the same way about most everything on daytime tv.

I did like Matha Stewart a lot and I really didn’t expect to. I thought i would hate it too, but it was pretty good.
    I liked her.

MikaelaArsenault and Double D like this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Daytime TV is a vast wasteland. The options are horrible and the shows lean towards the elderly, unemployed, and frustrated housewives. Of course “The Chew” was terrible! What do you expect? It was a play off “The View” which is freaking god awful.

Oliver, MikaelaArsenault and Moshe like this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I saw a program called 'The Real' once. I didn't stay on it long.

5. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

hate to say it, but that shows still on the air...i swooshed right by it the other day!

MikaelaArsenault and ianuaditis like this.
  6. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I watched The Chew at first because I was a Mario fan but it quickly reminded me of a Monty Python parody of a kids show where they promise to show viewers how to play the flute and then give a 30 second explanation - you blow through it and move your fingers around the holes - that is absolutely useless.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Just looked it up. I’ve never heard of any of the hosts. No clue.

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

:laugh:

9. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I can say with almost complete certainty that you aren't the target audience, so it's fine.

Actually, very few of us on here are the target audience for any of these shows, so I'm not sure why everyone's so up in arms here. Haha

10. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I was a fan of All My Children for a time and was sad to hear it had ended. At one time they were releasing paperbacks that recapped the stories from the early years of many soaps. With that in mind, I thought that All My Children could have been continued in the form of a monthly comic.

MikaelaArsenault and Karnak like this.
  11. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'm a long time fan of the cooking competitions so I saw Carla Hall as a contestant on Top Chef and Michael Simon on Iron Chef and enjoy their personalities. When the Chew premiered I was naturally interested. Man, I couldn't hang thru one episode, was surprisingly bad! Surprised it lasted this long!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

execs "people love to watch people cook, what about watching people eat? we'll call it....'the chew~"

13. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

Also, nobody ever just talks on there.
    They’re always shouting.
    Why are they shouting??

...and the BIG LOUD LAUGHING.
    I guess it’s because of all the sexual innuendos that are supposed to be hilarious.

Isin’t it suppose to be about cooking and food?

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

That was the premise, yes. Lame lame lame.

MikaelaArsenault and Moshe like this.
  15. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I wish somebody would remake the Who song Teenage Waste Land
    and change it to Tv Waste Land... I don't get the appeal for these shows
    there obviously out dated like morning talk shows like Good Morning America
    I feel almost all tv chefs are very obnoxious and think they now it all..
    Frankly I wouldn't cook like Rachael Ray her calorie high meals.
    I would get a heartattack..

GodShifter and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

To add to the above, I thought about it after posting and if they did All My Children as a monthly comic, it would need to be a Vertigo* title to give them the freedom to do stories they would want to do.

*Vertigo is an imprint of DC Comics that features comics that don't adhere to the content restrictions that the mainstream comics do. While some Vertigo titles take place within the DC Universe, it is in an area that the mainstream heroes tend not to appear. It also tends to feature some very weird stories (one story arc in Animal Man ended with Animal Man meeting the writer of the comic [Grant Morrison] in the real world to get an explanation for everything that was done to him).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.