AC/DC For Those About To Rock New Remaster Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris Desjardin, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

I bought this this morning (the newly remastered version released a couple of days ago. I don't have the original CD, but I noticed the vocals for the title track are very hard to hear. They are buried in the guitar driven mix. Was it this way on the original issue (I don't remember hearing it this way on the original vinyl)?

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

No, but the drums are really up front. I have an Atlantic 12" of the title track at 45RPM.

FTATR was a drum/backbeat driving album, much like Back In Black. "Mutt" really made the drum sound big and fat, and with a little bit of reverb, made Johnson's vocals sound a bit like he was on a mountain top.

So FWIW, I don't get the impression listening to FTATR that they buried Brian's vox.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I'll check my mid-90s remaster...

I just checked! The vocals are very buried there too! The guitars seem to be the loudest with the drums the second loudest, and there is a nice stereo panning on both. The vocals seem to be coming more out of the left channel.

Anyway, I like buried vocals, so this is a plus for me. I will be getting the Epic remaster soon.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.