AC / DC Tour 2015-2016 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

2. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

Tickets arrived in the mail earlier this week- Attending show in NJ

3. SoundAdvice

They still playing more US shows between LA Dodger Stadium and Australia?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdc-to-tour-australia-in-november-and-december/
    Shows added down Under.

Winnipeg Canada also got a stadium show that was quietly added.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac...paul-mccartney-ahead-of-coachella-appearance/

McCartney gave advice to Brian on the eve of their Coachella tour opener this Friday. Sir Paul has attended the festival 7 years in a row.

4. SoundAdvice

https://www.youtube.com/user/Coachella
    ACDC are listed for the youtube webstream tonight. Full HD pro-shot video sent out live. Maybe it's only 30 minutes, maybe it's the whole thing as viewers will be kept guessing.

10:45pmPST and 1:45amEST approx

pablorkcz and reb like this.
  5. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

6. botley

botley Forum Resident

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Yes!

sgtpppr84 likes this.
  8. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

The set list:

01 Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be
    02 Shot Down in Flames
    03 Back in Black
    04 Rock or Bust
    05 Shoot to Thrill
    06 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    07 Thunderstruck
    08 Play Ball
    09 The Jack
    10 Hells Bells
    11 Baptism by Fire
    12 You Shook Me All Night Long
    13 Have a Drink on Me
    14 Sin City
    15 T.N.T.
    16 Rock ’n Roll Train
    17 Whole Lotta Rosie
    18 Let There Be Rock

19 Highway to Hell
    20 For Those About to Rock ​

9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

reds new tunes and bolds songs not played live all the time?

pablorkcz likes this.
  10. EddieT

EddieT Forum Resident

Decent setlist. I suppose Gimme A Bullet, Touch Too Much and Rock N Roll Singer would be a touch too much to hope for.

11. SoundAdvice

Coachella # 2 was the same setlist except for High Voltage in place of The Jack halfway through the show.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdc-plays-second-coachella-concert-video-footage-available/
    Some very good audience footage from close up surfaced from one source already.

With the addition of Winnipeg it's now 8 stadium shows in Canada and 6 in the US.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/more-than-300000-tickets-sold-for-acdcs-upcoming-australian-tour/
    AC/DC sell 300,000 tickets in one go when Australia/NZ went onsale. 3 shows added, bring the tour total up to 51.

Wed 11/04/15 Sydney Olympic Park, Australia ANZ Stadium
    Sat 11/07/15 [​IMG] Sydney Olympic Park, Australia ANZ Stadium
    Thu 11/12/15 Brisbane, Australia QSAC Stadium
    Sat 11/14/15 [​IMG] Brisbane, Australia QSAC Stadium
    Sat 11/21/15 Adelaide, Australia Adelaide Oval
    Fri 11/27/15 Perth, Australia Domain Stadium
    Sun 11/29/15 [​IMG] Perth, Australia Domain Stadium
    Sun 12/06/15 Melbourne, Australia Etihad Stadium
    Tue 12/08/15 Melbourne, Australia Etihad Stadium

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac...g-possession-and-threatening-to-kill-charges/
    Rudd is pleading guilty to some of the minor charges.

Rudd showing up for court. No talking or "antics" in this clip.

12. SoundAdvice

Euro tour started, so they are now 4-5 shows into the tour. Similar to past tours, the setlist is closed should remain virtually the same from show to show.

Looking more like only 6 American cities get ACDC shows this year. I would have bet money on them doing Austin City Limits but it didn't happen.

Are there any 2016 rumours or could LA in September have a good chance of being the final US show by the band?

13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

No Bad Boy Boogie? I haven't seen them in a couple years but this was always one of the traditional/trademark songs, where Angus does his strip, or mock strip, and is carried around the arena on Bon's/Brian's shoulders while playing like a madman etc. Did they drop this song just this tour or has it been dropped in years past (or am I confused)?

14. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

According to setlist.fm they haven't done Bad Boy Boogie since 2003. Angus was doing the strip during The Jack last tour, and I've read that he's stopped doing it altogether this time out.

botley and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. SoundAdvice

16. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I hope ya have fun bud!!

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks. Now I really feel - OLD! I just realized I haven't seen them since 2001 :sigh: where does the time go???

Saw them many times over 20+ years from late 70's on, but not recently. Didn't realize it's been THAT long though.

Bon, with Angus on his shoulders, stopping right next to my seat on the steps of the balcony at the Tower Theater (in 1979 I think ?), during Bad Boy Boogie, Angus soloing like a madman with his hair & sweat flying around, me jumping up & down, slapping Bon on the back and talking to them both during this....a fond memory to say the least. They tore the roof off the place (opening for a Michael Schenker-less UFO).

Vinyl_Blues and nodeerforamonth like this.
  18. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

I'm on the Rock n Roll train heading in to London for the gig at Wembley tonight. Very excited!

Clanceman and budwhite like this.
  19. reb

Great!- look forward to your report. Have a good time.!

Mr Wensleydale and Clanceman like this.
  20. Mr Wensleydale

:edthumbs:
    Thank you :edthumbs:

reb likes this.
  21. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Awesome for you!! I have to wait a few months. Looking forward to your thoughts as well.

Mr Wensleydale likes this.
  22. Mr Wensleydale

One hour until they hit the stage. How. excited am I?!

reb likes this.
  23. Mr Wensleydale

All aboard the Rock 'n' Roll train!

Almost 6 years to the day that the band last played Wembley, was it worth the wait to see AC/DC rock London for possibly the final time?

I’d been very excited about this for months after my wife managed to grab a couple of tickets in mid-December. I was ill in hospital at the time and without internet access and my wife was in a work meeting so had to surreptitiously go through Ticketmaster’s hoops under the table so to speak. Unfortunately this meant we ended up with fairly poor seats high up in the stand (and if you’ve been to Wembley you’ll know how high that is!) Still, this was AC/DC so who cares!

Train journey down from Manchester was spent texting friends and family sharing excitement (my sister and cousin were going as well) and laughing at my mate who had been queuing since noon to get to the front of the stage as I relaxed with a beer. He had the last laugh when he sent me a picture two rows back stage right.

London was heaving with fellow fans and we took the tube to Wembley, had a quick snifter and then headed to watch the support, Vintage Trouble. Not familiar with the band, but they really weren’t helped by the acoustics – more on that later.

At about 20.25 the screens lit up with a reconstruction of the US moon landing and as Neil and Buzz saluted the US flag they were alarmed to discover a signal coming from elsewhere: they’d been beaten to it. An Australian flag and the timeless legend AC/DC carved into the lunar landscape could mean only one thing: High Voltage Rock & Roll was heading our way! As a "meteorite" lifted off from the moon’s surface flying past a number of well-known AC/DC icons on its way towards Earth and the roar of “An-gus” “An-gus” reached a deafening crescendo, I was having such an adrenaline rush of excitement that my wife thought I was having some kind of seizure. If you weren’t getting excited by this then you really needed to check whether you had a pulse.

As the meteorite hurtled earth-wards, fireworks and smoke bombs went off across the stage and as the smoke cleared there he was, in a natty red schoolboy’s uniform, the star of the show: ANGUS!

More to follow!

24. reb

^^Thanks for the enthusiastic report!

Here is the opening to the show...:drool:

broccolid, EddieT and Mr Wensleydale like this.
  25. Mr Wensleydale

All aboard the Rock ‘n’ Roll train! (part 2)

So, after the spectacular entrance, how did things fare from then on in?

If you’ve seen AC/DC live before then you know what to expect and you can pretty much guess the setlist: a core staple of songs with one or two less commonly-aired tracks thrown into the mix. It’s testament to their power that even when you’ve seen them numerous times before they can still generate an anticipation and excitement just as though it were your first time. This was no different and it was fantastic to see kids of all ages from 7-70 having a great time.

It really is the Brian and Angus show these days. They dominated the stage out front and Stevie and Cliff kept well back, often clustering around Chris Slade’s drumkit before venturing forward to mid-stage for backing vocal duties and then retreating back again. Maybe this has always been the case, but I’ve never really noticed it when Malcolm was playing. Angus, of course, is the main man and you can‘t keep your eyes off him, he’s such a livewire. How he keeps going for two hours - flat-out - aged 60 is a modern miracle.

Things kicked off with “Rock or Bust” and bar two other tracks from the new album and three others post 1980’s “Back in Black” it was a vintage show in the literal and figurative sense. The highlight for me was a wonderfully sleazy “Sin City” which I hadn’t heard them perform live before.

The only slight disappointment was the sound which was poor at times (and I stress at times). Maybe it was our seats, maybe it’s my ears, but low frequencies were occasionally so overpowering that they muffled Angus’s guitar licks. Nevertheless this was a fantastic show and a quite brilliant atmosphere. To see the Angus horns blinking in the twilight as the sun went down was quite something – perhaps the only time our seats high in the stand were an advantage.

Once things had finished after two hours of unbridled fun we made our way (slowly!) back to the tube station, enlivened by a police officer entertaining us with “Highway to Hell” played back from his phone via his megaphone. As a forum member I felt obliged to advise him to seek out Barry Diament’s mastering :D.

So, was it worth the wait? A resounding “yes”. A magnificent evening’s entertainment tinged only with the thought that this might be the last time.

If you’ve not got a ticket: beg, steal or borrow. AC/DC rock supreme. We may never see their like again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.