AC / DC Tour 2015-2016 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddieT

EddieT Forum Resident

I was there.

My ears are still ringing.

I will never go to a gig as astounding as that. Ever. Again.

Vinyl_Blues, Jimmy B., Sean and 4 others like this.
  2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Great review by Mr Wensleydale. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Mr Wensleydale likes this.
  3. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

4. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

A pleasure. Hope others enjoy themselves as much as I did!

Clanceman likes this.
  5. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I hate stadium shows.

I was really looking forward to this show until it sunk in how you're really not much closer with GA's, unless you wanna FIGHT for your spot.
    Wish I had been on this forum back then....
    gonna be cold and tons of people fighting for the best view, a pointless, needless experience.
    also an opening band added, great, nothing like having to wait even longer after the hell of getting there.

Arenas and clubs are the only places where it's at for a rock and roll show.

this ain't a good tour, it's barely one at all - and when tickets were announced, MANY lost on getting any because they didn't know in time, were not able to get/save the money in time, as AC/DC announced tickets with literally a couple days notice. Terrible way to treat the fans.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  7. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

8. reb

8- 22- 15

T'was not so easy finding decent sound quality-:evil:

48 Amplifiers !

count them -

:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Most are hollow cabinets. Maybe only 6 on each side are real.

10. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

AC/DC's music makes me really happy. What a fun show it would be.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  11. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Does anybody know if they've ever played Hell's Bells at the same tempo as the album version?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  12. reb

I'm all psyched up for Wednesday night's show . I'm taking my family, can't wait !!

:goodie:

driverdrummer likes this.
  13. reb

Can someone who knows, please tell me what time AC / DC takes the stage. Tickets call for 7:30 pm showtime

thanks

14. SoundAdvice

Vintage Trouble is the opening at many(all?) North American shows. A glance on twitter show ACDC on at 9pm in many European shows.

15. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

My wife & I will be flying to SF for the 9/25 show. It was her idea, not mine. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought she would approve, much less suggest, this trip. :pineapple:

fmfxray373 and budwhite like this.
  16. SoundAdvice

Are he rumours true of a return to North America in spring 2016. Bunch of places they missed and probably still stadiums.

Vinyl_Blues and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

Saw em last night in Jersey, hit the stage about 8:45. Vintage Trouble played from 7:30 to about 8:05.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  18. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

I was there in Detroit a few nights ago. My first AC/DC show. A few thoughts...My seats were in section C right in the middle behind GA. Basically behind GA, they had another floor section that actually had seats. Show start was 7:30 on the ticket. The opener came on, and AC/DC came on at 8:45. They played about 1:45 maybe it was closer to 2 hours even with the encore.

The good: The band still rocks your face off...these guys were full of energy. Every member I thought was top notch, and man did they ROCK! I had ear to ear smiles quite a few times, especially during Angus' typical antics. Overall, I enjoyed the show

The bad: The sound was terrible, god awful bad. I guess this should be expected in an indoor football stadium surrounded by glass and concrete, but man it was among the worst I have ever heard. It was not so much the sound quality, but the VOLUME. I had no idea, and if I had I would have brought ear plugs. It was so loud as to the point where it was just too loud and almost painful. My ears paid the price, as the next day they were still ringing : ( I hope I didn't damage something. The lesson learned is that if you go see AC/DC, bring the earplugs if you value your hearing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  19. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks for the writeup.

Sounds like a concert where the oxymoron "It was so loud I couldn't hear anything" applies. I can't take shows like that anymore. Been to too many in my younger days...

20. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

You went to an AC/DC show and you are surprised that it was ****ing loud? For real?

marc with a c and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. reb

The show I attended was also very loud- but not well Eq'd. It can be loud and sound good too. That's what the issue is.

22. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

Never seen them before. I expected it to be loud, but not dangerously loud for 2 hours straight to the point where it just ruined the sound. It could have literally been half the volume and nobody would have had a problem hearing and enjoying the show. I saw Metallica 3 times the last few times they came around, and they were loud but not anything like this. This made Metallica sound like the Detroit Symphony.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  23. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

I had a similar experience a few years back at an indoor Scorpions show, love them and loud metal, but this went beyond a pain threshold, left a concert early first time in 35 years. And that's from someone who keeps his Fiio on about 100/120 much of the time for home listening with in-ears playing Who, Stones, Zep, Hendrix, etc.

Even so, I hope the Wrigley Field show is loud enough next week, have upper deck tickets, being in a residential neighborhood that has a reputation for being less than receptive to these concert events hope that things are not too limited soundwise. Should be interesting at such an open air venue, hoping they rock the damn Billy Goat curse right out of the ball park!! Play Ball!!

Stan and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I've seen AC/DC a bunch of times and never thought it was too loud btw. Not to say the show that JC saw wasn't.

Ted Nugent however (in the '70's) was another story. It was so loud I felt I had gone deaf and had to leave before the show was over, it was physically painful. Thankfully the friend I was with couldn't take it anymore either and he wanted to split too. That was the loudest show I ever saw. I remember another friend had a similar story about a Deep Purple show he was at & had to leave, but I never had a problem at Purple shows. Things vary I guess.

25. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I have heard that several times about Uncle Ted in the 70's. Heck, Billy Joel's 1981 Songs In The Attic album has a booklet that mentions the members of his road crew, where one of them "suffers from permanent hearing damage due to several Ted Nugent tours". :agree:

slipkid and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.