AC/DC - The Original Australian Albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by paulisdead, Nov 20, 2017.

1. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

AFAIK, Go Down on LTBR is NOT editted!
    It has the full ending.
    Ain't No Fun... on DDDDC is also un-editted.

The Doga likes this.
  2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Can confirm that the '94 Atco Dirty Deeds mastered by Ted Jensen has the extended versions, even though the run time listed on the back cover suggests otherwise.

3. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous Thread Starter

Thanks. I can confrim the T.N.T ‘94 CD IS edited. “High Voltage” and “Rocker” fade out.

tages likes this.
  4. paulisdead

T.N.T was re-issued four times on CD from 1986 until 1994. The 1994 CD is a Frankenstein edit with international edits mixed with Australian only tracks.

The Doga and sathvyre like this.
  5. paulisdead

On the subject of how hard the original albums are becoming to find on LP/CD - since the eBay era, prices for the Australian albums have rising. This has become worse with the Australian albums becoming out of print. A “Blue Roo” vinyl copy of Let There Be Rock can set you back $250-$300 AUD ($188-$226 USD) these days(!). The silver face Made In Japan even more!

The Doga and blutiga like this.
  6. belushipower

belushipower Forum Resident

Did you mean to say that the original cover is lame?

The Doga likes this.
  7. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Yeah. Sadly reflects the state of the nation. A bloody disgrace.

The Doga, Jimmy Agates and blutiga like this.
  8. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

That would be great wouldn't it? even if were a bit pricey it would probably still be way cheaper than getting the Australian LPs..or even CDs.

9. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Yes, that is true...sadly...

10. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

I'd probably buy the Bon era Ac/Dc albums but there's no way known I'm getting those crappy international versions with botched tracklistings and even worse artwork!

The Doga, Rockin' Robby and supermd like this.
  11. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

TNT showed up at a local indie shop here. The only time I didn't procrastinate about a purchase!

The Doga, bcaulf and paulisdead like this.
  12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

remember him when you look up into the night sky

No I don`t remember how the darn movie went.
    The soundtrack has been reissued on vinyl though in case you missed it.

Bubba Zanetti and paulisdead like this.
  13. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

I've got a spare Atco '94 CD of DDDDC...

14. Jae

Jae Senior Member

Not correct. I have copies of both the original EMI (Japan for Australia) and CBS CD reissues and the mastering is different (although in one instance the CBS is just level shifted).

By and large the Japan for Australia CDs sound better than the CBS (IMHO). Significantly in a few cases while much for muchness in a few others.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    The Doga and paulisdead like this.
  15. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Like this!
    Malcolm Turnbull can’t name one AC/DC song

The Doga, FVDnz, Mylene and 3 others like this.
  16. Jae

Jae Senior Member

We talk about international vs Australia, but what about Australia vs Australia? Ie reissues with different mixes (T.N.T -2 MAXICUT recut from cassette master with Rocker with abrupt ending rather than fade) and different track orders (T.N.T Japan for Australia CD).

The Doga and paulisdead like this.
  17. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I have the first three but with orange labels.

18. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

What it that 1994 Australian CD you mention? I have 1995 Australian CD however it was mastered in US by Ted Jensen.

19. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

Only the first Albert issue in 1986 has the unedited, abrupt ending to “Rocker” and the full length “High Voltage” which leads immediately into the bell of “School Days”. The former was shortened, and the latter replaced with the single edit, for the 1989 reissue onwards.

sandimascharvel likes this.
  20. paulisdead

My mistake. I just checked my CD and it is Ted Jensan 1995. See what happens when you cite Discogs away from home and not your own discs.:D

The Doga likes this.
  21. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

A Bon LP box is long overdue!!

The last Bon purchase I made was "Bonfire", loved it except for "Back in Black" being included..... da fug!???

The Doga likes this.
  22. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I prefer the international versions. Sorry, to me they’re stronger and dispense with some weaker material. I have both though. I also prefer the international sleeve for Dirty Deed, but what do I know?!

The original Australian versions really should be available in Australia though.

23. Rich C

Rich C Forum Resident

Oh jeez, the first post in this thread makes me sick to my stomach due to my own idiocy. I once found an original Australian Let There Be Rock in a bin for $20 and thought it was some cheap K-Tell type version of the record. When I found out what it was after doing a bit of research at home I rushed back to the store only to find it was gone. I did, however, grab the Australian version of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. :doh:

24. I own minty Aussie pressings of High Voltage, TNT, & Dirty Deeds and I can't imagine any scenario where I'd get rid of them. They are my go-to copies. I picked all 3 up between 2004-08 and if remember correctly I paid $18,$20, & $6 for them. I feel pretty lucky to have scored great copies for what is pretty much peanuts.

The Doga and blutiga like this.
  25. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Sounds right:

T.N.T (1986, Albert, CDP 746272 2, Japan for Australia)...abrupt endings for Rocker and full length High Voltage

T.N.T (1989, Albert, 465262 2, Australia)...1975...faded ending for Rocker and full length High Voltage