AC regenerator or batteries?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiorocks, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have Magnepan MMG speakers, a Bryston 3B-ST amp, a Wavelength Proton DAC, and no preamp. I'm in search of 100% consistent sound at all times of the day. I've tried various methods of power conditioning: RSA, BPT, Tripp Lite, Blue Circle, Audio Prism, Alan Maher. It all helps but none of it keeps the sound 100% consistent.

At this point I think I have two choices.

1. Keep my speakers and amp and buy a PS Audio or PurePower regenerator.

2. Sell my speakers and amp and start over with super-efficient gear and battery power.

I'm moving to Australia so this would actually be a perfect time to start over. What would you do?

2. Senn20

Senn20 Forum Resident

First, don't spend any money until you know what the power is like in the area you're moving to.

Second, battery power for AC equipment is a bad idea. The vast majority of power inverters put out dirty square wave or modified sine wave power. You need an expensive one so not to cook your equipment in the first place. Even a high end one might not output power cleaner than any of the power conditioners you've already tried.

3. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Sell all but the Wavelength and buy in Australia. Locally made amps and speakers, and a locally made power supply for the Proton working off 240v.

4. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone heard a power amp on a regenerator?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.