According to report, Amy Adams will play Janis Joplin in biopic. *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shokhead, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Pat Boone's still out there, so what are you complaining about? :rolleyes:

I vote for Jackie Jormp-Jump. Too bad they couldn't use Janis' music :laugh:

"Synonym's just another word for
    The word you wanna use..."

2. scousette

scousette Forum Resident

:D

3. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Wow. Were you scared by Bobby McGee as a child? I wouldn't care if she looked liked you... that girl could sing. For the record, I don't think she was that bad looking. No Michelle Phillips, but still...great smile and awesome laugh.

We'll put you down as a "no" for the movie. I'll see it twice and we'll cover your absence.

As a tribute to you, I've listened to Janis all day. Played "Ball & Chain" twice.

4. Jamey K

Not a fan of rock music are you? I think there's a Amy Grant thread going! Oh, wait...she's on her second marriage. :)

5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Still no photo from Ben DiCaprio.

6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA! Thread Starter

As a teenager, she befriended a group of outcasts, one of whom had albums by African-American blues artists Bessie Smith and Leadbelly, whom Joplin later credited with influencing her decision to become a singer.[6] She began singing in the local choir and expanded her listening to blues singers such as Odetta and Big Mama Thornton.

Primarily a painter while still in school, she first began singing blues and folk music with friends. While at Thomas Jefferson High School, she stated that she was mostly shunned.[6] Joplin was quoted as saying, "I was a misfit. I read, I painted, I didn't hate ******s."[5] As a teen, she became overweight and her skin broke out so badly she was left with deep scars which required dermabrasion.[5][7][8] Other kids at high school would routinely taunt her and call her names like "pig," "freak" or "creep."[5]

7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Must have been sweet revenge when she became famous.

8. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Heh, I love that pic of Janis. Lili's name was floated around during one of the times they were going to do the movie. I'm not sure if she could do it now or wants to, but she would be good...

9. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

In the documentary flick which came out some years back, some of the most heartbreaking footage is her visiting her old high school in her feather boas and SF hippie finery. Looking at her, you can just tell she thought "I'm gonna go back and shove it in those m***********'s faces", and when she actually got there the well of hurt backed up inside and almost shut her down.

10. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Wow, I've got to see that. :cry:

11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA! Thread Starter

I remember that.

12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

It's touching and very sad. The people look at her like she's a freak. Her notoriety and money mean nothing to them. She's still the crazy outcast.:(

13. Lili Taylor is a very good actress but I don't think the project could be financed with her in the role. Personally, I would prefer her to Amy assuming Lili can handle the stage presence aspect of the performance. As far as the life struggles segments, Lily would be terrific. Lili can probably be made to look a lot like Janis, no need to tone down the movie star appearance, she already looks like something other than a beautiful movie star.

14. Jamey K

This hangs in my office...

Attached Files:

15. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

And she looks damned good too. :righton:

16. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

You're right about the financing, maybe a few years ago, can't see it happening now. She would be great or would have been, I guess Amy has the role but part of me wishes they'd keep looking.

17. zen

zen Senior Member

[​IMG]

I think Kelly Clarkson could be an excellent choice (notice shirt), but fortunately, she doesn't want to be an actor, which I applaude.
    Besides, I’d hate to see a movie role like this, draw attention away from Kelly's music career.

By the way, I'd be happy with Amy Adams playing the part.

18. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Another classic bencasey :laugh: You forgot to mention her ugly looks though...:thumbsdn:

19. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

No, he didn't. He covered that in his first post of course. :D

20. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Amy is way too pretty to play Janis.

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, Janis was not pretty no matter how much one consumed...

23. Michael

I was a fan of Janis and I'm curious the job Amy will do...

24. Michael

she still won no matter what!

25. Michael

Joss? way too good looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.