Acoustic Sounds 50% Off 245 Titles Inc. SACDs !!!!!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Myke, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

[​IMG]

2. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

So much for the college fund.

Listen, you guys had better be right about how good these Beach Boys titles sound, or else Santa is going to be pissed.

imajindat likes this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

sigh, i already spent too much on RSD now you guys are making me spend more money on some grey/hoffman cuts
    terrible influences! :)

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Even worse ? I started this thread, and I haven't spent a dime on a record since Oct. 24th. :laugh:

Bender Rodriguez and Mooserfan like this.
  5. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

Half of The Doors SACDs are $15. I bought Morrison Hotel and Waiting For the Sun with the free shipping loophole, fingers crossed!

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The more people that do it the more fun it will be to watch this thread when the cancellations happen. :-popcorn:

7. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

If that happens I’ll be fine with it, it’ll be $50 saved.

8. imajindat

imajindat Forum Resident

I have several of them and they are fantastic!!

Mooserfan likes this.
  9. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Anyone know the quality of these ? I’m getting a 4K player that will also do sacd

10. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I ended up ordering 8 SACDs at half-price. I also put three regular-priced SACDs in my cart to qualify for the free shipping. I also put two pre-order SACDs at regular price in there as well.

I tried using 15PERCENT promo code, but none of the five regular-priced items qualified. Acoustic Sounds has too many exceptions to their promo codes. :cry:

I hope they will do the right thing and grant me free shipping for the 8 half-price SACDS, as well as those two pre-order SACDs whenever they ship (Music Direct always treats me well in regard to free shipping for pre-orders, so they get most of my business).

Craig.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    C6H12O6 likes this.
  11. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I appreciate the reassurances. I have the old BBoy's "two-fers" and figured it's about time to upgrade...but now of course, somebody's going to remix all these for 5.1 next year. :biglaugh:

imajindat likes this.
  12. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

A bunch of excellent, classic Blue Note albums on SACD are also just $15. These are the ones Steve did with Kevin Gray, and I would put more priority on these because they are listed as "limited stock."

Also Sam Cooke's Night Beat is also listed, and it ain't perfect but it's probably the best version out there, mastered from the three-track by the late George Marino. The retail price always seemed too high for this, so it's nice that you can now get it for $17.50.

Also Dusty in Memphis on vinyl and mastered by Kevin Gray is essential - with the sale, it's now actually cheaper than the SACD edition that was simultaneously issued with the vinyl. (Sadly the SACD is not on sale.)

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  13. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Just put in an order yesterday:

Total
    1 AAPP 1956-45 Henry Mancini/ Peter Gunn 45 RPM Vinyl Record $ 27.50
    1 AAPP 468761 Roger Waters/ Amused To Death 200 Gram Vinyl Record $ 27.50

Happy camper getting those prices. Thank you very kindly!

Myke likes this.
  14. imajindat

imajindat Forum Resident

Im picking up Hub Tones, At the Chicken Shack, Sidewinder and Misterioso. Anyone recommend any of the other jazz albums asa a must have?

Instant Dharma likes this.
  15. danomar

danomar My spoon is too big.

There went $200 with one click. :( But at least I got eight 45rpm albums that I do not have. :)

16. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Got out of there with not too much damage. Ap 45's of Phoebe Snow, Art Blakey and Hubbard's Hub Cap.

Shipping appears to be a steady $16-$17 for economy regardless of how big your package is. I would say if you are getting a pretty big order that's pretty reasonable.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  17. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Yes, the shipping is reasonable for larger orders. I could not pass up the 25 dollar AP Blue Note 45rpm and I ordered 33 of them with shipping only 32 dollars. Heck of a good deal. Thanks to the op for bringing this to our attention.

Jim

Cassius, Twinsfan007 and recstar24 like this.
  18. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

You are my hero :)

19. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I missed out on the AP subscription so I was late to the party. The low price here helped me catch up. Like that these titles are mostly different from the Music Matters series.

Jim

20. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Same. I would have gone deeper in the AP's were it not for a recent music matters splurge :)

21. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

Can anyone comment on differences between the Blue Note titles both on AP/MM? Are the AP 45s at least nearly as good?

22. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

Only difference's are the MM Covers are nicer

imajindat likes this.
  23. Ben Toscano

Ben Toscano Forum Resident

I called them up after placing my order and was able to change the shipping method to media mail for around $4 total for 3 LPs. Ended up canceling my order, but it does seem that media mail is a cheaper option.

recstar24 likes this.
  24. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Thank you! Will call. Here's hoping I can save a few bucks!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  25. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Good point. Would be nice to have media listed on the site as an option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.