Acoustic Sounds 50% Off 245 Titles Inc. SACDs !!!!!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Myke, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Picking up some nice stuff with this sale ! ;)

2. marka

marka Forum Resident

Details?

I find it very hard to believe that a company would risk losing not only a sale, but a customer by pulling something like this. Particularly since it's not the customer's fault if the order portion of the website is buggy.

I just placed a substantial order (even after deleting 2/3 of what I initially had in my cart), but if they did it to me, they wlould lose a customer for life, and would continuously see negative things posted about them on social media.

Hard to believe they would risk, particularly since they have a limited niche in the market.

Brendan K likes this.
  3. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

It does state very clearly that the 50% off sale items do not count towards free shipping. We are trying to exploit a bug in the system to circumvent that, which at minimum raises some ethical concerns as a consumer. I personally am thankful for their promotion and chose to follow their listed advertisement and not exploit the system bug to save a few bucks. I have a request to customer service and will call tomorrow to ask about media mail shipping and I will be happy to pay the $4 to ship.

DLD, Galley, fluffskul and 1 other person like this.
  4. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

got two Beach Boys Surfin USA Shut Down Vol 2 SACD's and Eddie Money/ Wes Montgomery Smokin at the Half Note SACD's and picked up Patsy Cline SACD since i don't have it and love my 45 rpm.. altho Patsy was full price.. that's OK though the others are great prices!!!

5. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I wish this sale would go on for longer. I would LOVE to pick up more. I hope this isn't the only time they have a sale like this.

6. mrbooboy

mrbooboy Forum Resident

My experience with AS is if you indicate in the shipping instructions to ship using a lower cost option, they will correct the shipping amount when the order is processed.

7. marka

marka Forum Resident

Sure, the site does say that. But you're assuming a lot about everyone that got free shipping despite their intent to charge for it. For many, it's not a "choice" as you put it - the site either charges you or it doesn't. Good luck changing the free shipping to any charge.

I put in and took out several items over a few days, until I finally settled on my final order. Do I have an ethical problem if I'm not getting charged? Should the company just cancel my order? I think not, on both counts.

There is really two choices for a company - email the customer and ask that they pay shipping, or just drop it. Will they go back to a customer that is spending $400 for $25 in shipping costs? I don't know. Some would, some wouldn't want to risk annoying the customer.

The poster who posited another action by the company based on past action hasn't responded with details yet - but I'm sceptical that a company would actually cancel the order, an act certain to P.O. the customer.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    joannenugent likes this.
  8. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

In my case, I didn't attempt to get free shipping. I simply read here that some SACDs were half off; I browsed through many, many pages of titles to select the discounted ones that I wanted; and then I checked out. I didn't add anything to my cart that I subsequently removed. None of my items were full priced, but they weren't all half-off. When I checked out, there was no shipping charge added.

I am a new customer to their website and had to create an account to place this order. I don't know their usual policies. I have to say that if they end up canceling my entire order because their website failed to charge me for shipping and they believe it should have, I will be an unhappy camper -- particularly if they don't allow me to reorder what I wanted at the sale prices they were offering over the past few days. It isn't like I was expecting to be charged for shipping and then felt like I was getting an extra bargain because something went wrong on their end. And, honestly, if they cannot afford to send out a package that will probably cost them $5 at most to mail to someone who just spent $150 then they need to check their business model. It isn't like everything I purchased was at such a huge markdown that the sales price represented no profit margin for them.

marka and joannenugent like this.
  9. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

My order with the free shipping now says:

Order Status: On Hold Adjusting Order

I'm wondering if those of us who tried the free shipping are about to get canceled?

10. Twinsfan007

If they are I would like them to just go ahead and cancel it. Actually I would rather have them do that so I could add another title to my order and then see if I can get media mail shipping for cheap.

11. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I spoke with Acoustic Sounds earlier today since I was only interested in 1 title right now. $3 and change for media shipping.
    Might be worth a phone call if anyone is concerned about their order status and shipping costs.

recstar24 likes this.
  12. Twinsfan007

I'm in a pickle. Should I get the Sonny Rollins Saxaphone Colossus SACD or one of the Beach Boys 33 1/3 releases to add to my purchase?? Any suggestions??

13. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I phoned in my order for 10 $15 Jazz SACDs. Shipping to Canada was $21 with tracking. Can't complain. And I just bought 29 CDs during the ImportCDs sale + a bunch during the current CDJapan bonus points promotion. I'm not looking at my credit card statement until January!

Bender Rodriguez and recstar24 like this.
  14. Electric

Depends on which Beach Boys it is.

15. Twinsfan007

It would be Surfin' USA

16. Electric

My bias leans toward the Pet Sounds to Holland era. So, I think the Sonny Rollins is the more important release.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

If your order is completed by 3pm Central, it'll likely be shipped out today.

18. Twinsfan007

I canceled my order and am waiting to reorder...

19. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Same. Sent an email Sunday night, got back a response this morning that they were happy to change my shipping to media. Called back later today to confirm as it's still showing on my CC the previous amount and they were very friendly about re checking and confirming they did indeed brought my shipping down to about $5 for 3 LP's. No complaints on my end at all.

20. joannenugent

joannenugent Forum Resident

Well I feel like the appropriate thing for them to do would be to contact you about needing additional funds for shipping.

I personally would be rather offended if a store cancelled my order without any notice or contact due to a glitch on their end.

marka, chaz and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

On the Acoustic Sounds site it states that free shipping is not available for the 50% discount sale. What I don't like about ordering from AS is that you have to call to get the lower cost media mail shipping. That option should be right there with the other shipping options IMO.

marka, Blair G., Galley and 1 other person like this.
  22. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

they wont take a message in your order instructions?

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Of course they will. Been my experience for over a decade too.

24. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

good, im going to make an order tonight and note media mail in the comments, i have no issue paying shipping i just dont want to pay 18bucks

25. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm sure you can but how will you know what the shipping charges will be? In other words you have to add a note that you desire media mail then wait to see what that amount will be. It would be sooooo much easier if there was a media mail option and then the cost would be shown when the order was placed. It would only benefit the buyer and Acoustic Sounds. I'm sure many times over the years people haven't ordered from AS when they see the high priced shipping options. Both Elusive Disc and Music Direct offer a media mail shipping option with cost when ordering. Why can't AS do the same?

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.