Acoustic Sounds announces new SACDs for Jimi Hendrix & Pink Floyd 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ParanoidAndroid, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's believed they are identical.

dee likes this.
  2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Keep an eye of Acoustic Sounds for the inevitable upcoming delays in "real time". I wish they would just say TBA until it is certain that an item is coming out. How many times was the SRV SACD box delayed?

wayneklein likes this.
  3. fredhammersmith

fredhammersmith Forum Resident

Do you think they will have a hires download release as well? Sounds to me SACD-obly release is very specialized.

TimB likes this.
  4. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

I think it will be a good chance. They already have a few Live concerts, and also People, Hell, and Angels. I would really like to have the SACD disc's, but I would be just as happy with the downloads.

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

But remember that the SACD is hybrid, so it plays on regular CD players.

6. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

Waiting eagerly for the Hendrix Sacd's.

MikeJedi likes this.
  7. fredhammersmith

fredhammersmith Forum Resident

Well, I know, but my main rig is a musical server now. I do 24/96 as often as I can.
    I do not remember the last time I listened to one of the three core Hendrix albums. I prefer to listen to the box sets, the live albums and the other EH releases. I have the highest hopes for Grundman's remasters. I am sure they will bring the best of these tapes.
    Of course, in the unfortunate case that the hires is limited to the SACDs, I will buy the physical media.

8. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I'm in for 'em all. Bring 'em on.

MikeJedi likes this.
  9. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

I will need some more evidence that the Floyd releases improve on the SACDs that I already own.

The Jimi SACD releases are a must have for me. When it eventually arrives, Ladyland will also be on the shelf.

10. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Looking forward to the Hendrix SACDs, but what's the deal with the shipping rates? I see if you order $90, it ships ground for free, otherwise it's a joke. $15 to ship a cd "economy"? Am I missing something? (a huge laugh for the $79 next day cost)

11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

To get media mail shipping rates you need to call Acoustic Sounds. Unacceptable that it isn't an option when ordering on the site but the option is available. I honestly believe this causes people to not order from Acoustic Sounds when they see the crazy shipping rates.

vinylvin and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Or tell them you want the order shipped Media Mail in the special instructions section on the order page

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  13. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Another day I was going to order "The Planets" SACD from them. Then I saw shipping rates on checkout, had a laugh and ordered from Music Direct (same discount). Not interested in calling to anyone to place a small order.

PyroMessiah, bluejimbop and Bill Mac like this.
  14. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

and you are correct.

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That's an option but I believe you still have to place the order with the more expensive option. Then I would assume a credit would be issued. It just makes no sense for Acoustic Sounds to operate this way.

16. I had the same initial hesitation calling in an order but the people answering the phone at Acoustic Sounds are pleasant to deal with and make it easy.

17. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I sure hope so, but for me it is easier to click a button to place an order.

bluejimbop likes this.
  18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Even this isn't a guarantee though. My last order with them, I had to send an e-mail to them asking what happened because I included the request and my order was still sent FedEx. They promptly gave me a credit which I was glad, but I was still kind of annoyed that I couldn't outright choose that shipping option, and then had to follow up with them.

19. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Thank you! Forgot about Music Direct. Orders placed! :)

20. Interesting.

Is the WG Blackface identical to the Japan for Europe Harvest CD?

21. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Not sure, sorry.

22. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

Just ordered the Hendrix SACDs @ Music Direct (20% off) Ends tonight (the discount )but, there will be other opportunities through out the long wait:laugh:)

jhm likes this.
  23. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

It is like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid, but hey it's February already so 11 weeks since I ordered as soon as this thread appeared!

24. supermd

supermd Senior Member

What is the discount code?

25. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

[​IMG]

formu_la and supermd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.