Acoustic Sounds announces new SACDs for Jimi Hendrix & Pink Floyd 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ParanoidAndroid, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Awesome! I just pre-ordered the two Hendrix titles. Thank you! :righton:

Natvecal. likes this.
  2. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

How much was your shipping? Media mail? What's the percent off code?

3. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

Free Shipping if over $49 after the discount.Media mail,yes more or less(sometimes shows up quick for free shipping and other times.....not)
    [​IMG]

Bill Mac and supermd like this.
  4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Why doesn't this work for The Beach Boys SACD's?

5. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Many thanks. Hendrix preordered.

Natvecal. likes this.
  6. George P

George P Way Down Now

Music direct doesn't allow discounts on all of their products. I haven't been able to figure out the reasoning behind what is allowed for discounts and what is not.

7. MichaelXX2

MichaelXX2 Dictator perpetuo

I had no idea Pink Floyd titles were announced for SACD. If they get a hands-off mastering engineer to do a nice flat transfer of the tapes with a clean DSD workflow, tubes optional, it'll be a day-one sale for me. Problem is, I can see them getting Bernie Grundman or Chris Bellman to do it, both of who invariably seem to use a multiband compressor on the bass, pump up treble, and destroy any bit of bloom or naturalness in the midrange. :shake: I wish Doug Sax was still alive... Thankfully his discs and the near-perfect 80s CDs are cheap enough to find secondhand.

hi_watt and AudiophilePhil like this.
  8. Natvecal.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
    (Numbered Hybrid SACD)
    Price $39.99

Product Not Eligible for Further Discounts

That's what you gotta look for " Product Not Eligible for Further Discounts " under the price.Then you'll know if discount will even work or not.
    Billy Joel's greatest Hits (Vol I & II) is the same way too(among other titles.......) I recall a couple of priced down Mofi's like The Allman Brothers S/T $19.99 and code worked ($15.99 I think?) So browse around,who knows?

9. David P. Hill

Thanks Natvecal! I ordered both sacds. Got the discount on both sacds. I chose free media mail, 1-3 weeks deliver though. Did you happened to order these at AS too, then cancelled? I was wondering if I should cancelled mine at AS, just the sacds? I don't want to be caught empty handed like during the One-Step's 1st couple releases, if you didn't order from MD, you were left out. Several had
    order those from other online stores like ED, AS, Importcds.com, very few were sold.

Natvecal. likes this.
  10. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

I'm waiting to see if the mono "Are You Experienced" is from that crap US copy tape again....

11. Natvecal.

No, I had them in my "Cart" waiting for the 20% discount to pop up at some point. And it did! In my Email this weekend! :D Thought I'd pass it along here,as I've benefited from others doing the same thing. Glad it was of use to you and anyone else here!:) What SACDs BTW? Ones that are in stock?Right? Not the Hendrix SACDs(cause that's gonna be a bit longer than 1 to 3 three weeks my friend!:laugh:

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Further discounts? How is $39.99 already a discounted price? :confused:

superstar19 and Natvecal. like this.
  13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this :)! I ordered the two Hendrix SACDs and five others. Saved $40 which is a nice discount! As much as I like Music Direct I don't care for their website. The "NEED HELP?" tab that is always at the bottom center of the page is very annoying! Then when you click on a specific title that page is flooded with other titles which quite often I wasn't interested in. At least Music Direct offers the USPS media mail shipping option on their site which Acoustic Sounds does not. I can only imagine the sales lost online due to the expensive shipping options.

marcfeld69 and Natvecal. like this.
  14. David P. Hill

AYE and ABAL hybrid sacds - mono and stereo. I meant to say they are released on 08/31/18, then receive them 1 to 3 weeks, media mail.

Natvecal. likes this.
  15. marcfeld69

marcfeld69 Forum Resident

Why are you excited 'for' them? Are they humans? :)

16. David P. Hill

Wished AS would do these too, The Wall, Animals, and Meddle, come on AS!

ponkine, Sidewinder43 and pfausto like this.
  17. supermd

supermd Senior Member

No need to be pedantic about grammar.

marcfeld69 likes this.
  18. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

So this was actually a crappy tape and not just azimuth error? I listened to the US mono reissue LP a few times when it came out then never again :sigh:

19. marcfeld69

marcfeld69 Forum Resident

Sure. It's just a bugbear. It's not a grammar thing, though, just a linguistic trend I'm kicking against, I think. I'm just being silly. :)

20. 926am

926am Senior Member

Can someone provide a link for me to the Hendrix hybrid SACD at music direct?

21. 926am

926am Senior Member

22. Natvecal.

23. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

No news about the Floyd titles. What gives on that? Typical Floyd intrusion or...

24. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Both. The tape they used was improperly copied in 1967. The UK LP used a similar (but different) crappy tape copy. That's why the LP pressings made from "clean" tapes are highly sought after (especially the second French pressing).

25. Wolfspaw

Wolfspaw Forum Resident

The Floyd releases were stated as Fall 2018, could be at least 6 months away.

Natvecal. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.