Acoustic Sounds shipping

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by bajaed, Jan 8, 2018.

1. bajaed

bajaed Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Was ordering a title from them and in checkout I'm being hit with a $15 shipping charge. Seems high. Any discount codes active right now?

I realize I can get free shipping on $89 or more but I'd rather not order anything else right now.

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I've been a customer for a long time and their bullet proof packing and FedEx delivery is worth it to me.

3. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Forum Resident

At this moment there is a 10PERCENT discount on music that could be applied. You saw that?

4. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Request media mail

5. bajaed

Thanks. Both good suggestions.

6. Brian Lux

Brian Lux Forum Resident

Love their excellent packaging. First rate!

ssmith3046 likes this.
  7. bajaed

10PERCENT didn't work. Placed order but feel shipping is high.

Will call them tomorrow about code problem.

8. Selteab

Selteab Well-Known Member

No options posting overseas (to Australia at least) and often the postage is more expensive than what you’re buying. But the packaging is excellent.

9. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I never buy unless there is $89 worth of stuff I want :)

(But I have plenty of local options for smaller vinyl purchases.)

10. I do the same. I usually wait until I have enough that meets the $89 threshold or I have enough bourbon in me to pull the trigger on random records to hit $89.

curbach likes this.
  11. OtisWms

OtisWms Member

Sounds familiar.......:)

As mentioned, they use Fedex and proper packaging. And they probably try to "value average" the little extra on the small orders to offset the free shipping on the larger ones. Works for me.

12. bajaed

Acoustic Sounds was great to work with. Called them and they sent it Media Mail for just a few bucks. My new copy of Greensleeves by Shoji Yokouchi Trio arrived today in bulletproof packaging. Can't wait to play it tonight. The pressing looks pristine and the vinyl looks to be flawlessly clean.

Will be ordering some more titles from Acoustic Sounds. The beautiful catalog they included has a lot of things I really want.