Actor Bill Paxton, Dead at 61

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Yes he did.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Man that sucks. He was a great actor and in a lot of great movies. RIP Bill:(

melstapler likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

every movie i ever saw him in, probably close to 30, he was awesome

ssmith3046, melstapler and longdist01 like this.
  4. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

A genuine guy with such a distinct voice. I met him outside a restaurant several years ago in Fort Worth TX, and couldn't have been more friendly. One of the good guys in the entertainment world.

5. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Sad. Way too young!

RIP

melstapler and longdist01 like this.
  6. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Hollywood mourns the passing of Bill Paxton

Hollywood Mourns Bill Paxton: “A Wonderful Man”, Says Tom Hanks

I've always enjoyed Mr. Paxton's work. His involvement gave me confidence in a TV show or a movie. His sleazy used car salesman character in True Lies stole the movie. The part may be small but his talent made it memorable. I will miss his work. 61 is simply too young.

RIP Mr. Paxton.

7. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

So many memorable peformances, loved Paxton for years. Rest in peace, my man.
    [​IMG]

8. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

9. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the memorials are the same as the dates of the films being honored.

10. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Just heard the news. Very sad.

I was always proud of my fellow Fort Worth brother. Enjoyed him in several roles, including HBO's "Big Love".

Rest in peace.

11. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Absolutely gutted by this news. I was just listening to his 'WTF podcast' interview with Marc Maron, and was fascinated to hear about Mr. Paxton's attempts to develop a JFK documentary. Like many, I grew up with Bill Paxton dotting the cinematic landscape, and was amused in later years to discover his part in the first slasher movie I ever saw on VHS (Mortuary)! But in recent times it was terrific to see him step into comprehensive leading roles (in Big Love) and receive the recognition he truly deserved.

Rest in Peace, Sir. :(

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Cameron's full statement.

James Cameron Pays Tribute to Close Friend Bill Paxton: "Bill Leaves Such a Void"

Read Cameron's full statement below

I've been reeling from this for the past half hour, trying to wrap my mind and heart around it. Bill leaves such a void. He and I were close friends for 36 years, since we met on the set of a Roger Corman ultra-low budget movie. He came in to work on set, and I slapped a paint brush in his hand and pointed to a wall, saying "Paint that!" We quickly recognized the creative spark in each other and became fast friends. What followed was 36 years of making films together, helping develop each others' projects, going on scuba diving trips together, watching each others kids growing up, even diving the Titanic wreck together in Russian subs. It was a friendship of laughter, adventure, love of cinema, and mutual respect. Bill wrote beautiful heartfelt and thoughtful letters, an anachronism in this age of digital shorthand. He took good care of his relationships with people, always caring and present for others. He was a good man, a great actor, and a creative dynamo. I hope that amid the gaudy din of Oscar night, people will take a moment to remember this wonderful man, not just for all the hours of joy he brought to us with his vivid screen presence, but for the great human that he was. The world is a lesser place for his passing, and I will profoundly miss him.

13. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Rest easy Bill:cry:.

MaxxMaxx4 likes this.
  14. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

Never saw him in ANYTHING except Big Love, in which he was stupendous.

15. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Sad to see him go, he was in a lot of films I like. RIP.

melstapler and longdist01 like this.
  16. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

I'm a millennial, and as a kid I watched Twister every week as a child from age four to maybe eight, first on VHS and then DVD. Even though it's not his best work, it always has a place in my heart as one of my all time favorite dumb action films, and films in general. It's like some part of my childhood has been taken away. Rest in Peace, man.

Stormrider77 and budwhite like this.
  17. Joey The Lemur

Joey The Lemur Forum Resident

18. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I'm so sorry to hear this! I've enjoyed all of his work from "Weird Science" to "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". RIP Bill :(

GeoffC likes this.
  19. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

20. billy1

billy1 Forum Resident

The whole 'What are we gonna do now...Game over, man, game over" sequence is my favourite part of Aliens. Love how he picks up a piece of the wrecked craft as if he needs to confirm what just happened.

RIP

melstapler, Karnak and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

Sad news. I always liked him in whatever he was in. Great actor. RIP.

melstapler likes this.
  22. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

After hearing this, I just shook my head:shake:

melstapler likes this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Speaking as a guy who's about Paxton's age and also had a heart thing awhile back, I'm extremely sympathetic to Paxton's fate. He was extremely well-liked -- I saw a lot of sound engineers pop up on Facebook today who universally sad that Paxton was a total pro, genuinely nice on set, and a really terrific performer. I think this illness came right out of the blue; Paxton was in the process of starting a new TV series, so it's a big blow to those guys that he won't be around to be in the show, after shooting 2 episodes.

24. JackBnimble

JackBnimble Forum Resident

RIP gone too young. He was always good even if the rest of the movie wasn't.

25. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I wonder if Paxton ever had more fun than he does in this scene? (extremely NSFW, VERY violent)

ralphb and melstapler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.