Actors + Actresses Who Only Appeared In 1 or 2 Films

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by greatmuta, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatmuta

greatmuta Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've always been fascinated by actors/actresses who only made 1 or 2 films in their life. Some of them were the lead characters in those films too. A couple of them died soon after making the 1 film they were in though. But then some of the others just disappeared off the face of the earth. Are there any other actors you know of that only made 1 or 2 films?

John Reynolds- Manos: The Hands Of Fate (1966) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0721786/?ref_=tt_ov_st
    Peter Ostrum- Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory (1971) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0652578/
    Roger Hill- The Warriors (1979) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0384631/?ref_=tt_cl_t10
    Simon Scuddamore- Slaughter High (1986) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0780218/?ref_=tt_ov_st
    Frank Silva- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0798310/

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Judy Tyler who appeared in just two movies including "Jailhouse Rock" with Elvis. She was killed in a car accident a few weeks after completing the film.
    Elvis was so upset by her death, he supposedly refused to ever watch the film.

clhboa likes this.
  3. crimpies

crimpies Forum Resident

4. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Renee Jeanne Falconetti, a total of three, most famous for 1928's La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
    Helen Gahagan Douglas in 1935 "She" with Randolph Scott, later went into politics
    Katherine Cornell, famous stage actress, one movie and two tv appearances

5. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

Nadine Nortier appeard in just one film, as the protagonist of Robert Bresson's Mouchette.

skybluestoday likes this.
  6. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

7. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Michele Breton, who was in Performance. Had an uncredited appearance in Godard's Weekend, and appeared in three episodes in a French tv series, and that's the extent of her film and television career.

8. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Klinton Spilsbury (The Legend of the Lone Ranger). He made that film, and that was his whole career. Is there any interview footage of him speaking with his original voice? He was dubbed in his only film.

Reportedly, he was very upset when he found out, saying that they wouldn't have hired him if they didn't like his voice.

clhboa likes this.
  9. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Thank you. This was the guy I was thinking of and couldn't remember his name (or the film).

Jeff

10. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

"Brad" Davis - star of Midnight Express. He was good friends with my mom growing up and through her 20s, and I'm told he was a real sweetheart. He was too sick for me to meet him when I was an early teen (I didn't even know he was the star of a movie at the time).

He had a very rough childhood, slipped into drugs, contracted AIDS in the early '80s (he told my mom it was from using needles, but he was secretly bisexual, too), and died at 41.

Jeff

11. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Nick Apollo Forte....Absolutely brilliant in Broadway Danny Rose

it's incredible that he did nothing else....

12. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

John Cazale. Supremely talented actor, appeared in five films (over six years) before dying of cancer: The Godfather; The Conversation; Godfather II; Dog Day Afternoon; The Deer Hunter.

13. Jaye Davison was in The Crying Game, Stargate, and nothing else of note.

14. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Laurie Bird- She was in Two-Lane Blacktop, Cockfighter and Annie Hall. She committed suicide in 1979. She was also Art Garfunkel's girlfriend at the time.

jsayers likes this.
  15. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Robert Arkins in The Commitments, playing their manager, Jimmy....I would have expected fine things from him, as it's a terrific performance...However his acting csreer went nowhere ...

pscreed, guy incognito and Galley like this.
  16. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Peter Ostrum was the first one I thought of.

somnar likes this.
  17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Yep. I was thinking of this guy and the two movies. I actually saw Stargate (one of my all-time favorites) before I saw The Crying Game, though I do remember all the attention The Crying Game and he got when The Crying Game was released.

18. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

Carrie Henn. Newt from Aliens.

Agent57 and bluemooze like this.
  19. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Heather O'Rourke (little girl from the Poltergeist movies)

Even though the 3 Poltergeist movies were her only theatrical released movies, she did appear in a handful of TV films and TV series.

(By the way, why is Hollywood making a reboot of the original Poltergeist movie, due to be released in 2015? The original was perfect and I am afraid they will ruin it with the reboot.)

20. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Tim Driscoll (center, below) -- Nebraska:

[​IMG]

21. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

I was thinking of several singers that have had a limited acting career. I can only think of seeing Paul Simon in Annie Hall. I remember Art Garfunkel in Catch-22 and Carnal Knowledge, but not anything else.

22. GullGutt

GullGutt Hei hopp

Charlotte Burke in Paperhouse
    [​IMG]

Brad has 34 credits on IMDb, don't think he belongs on this thread

23. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

All five films were nominated for best films of the year. Three of them won best picture of the year. Not a bad record.

24. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0368125/

Circa 2000 Colleen Haskell did Survivor and got offered some film/TV parts. She later admitted to accepting them only to pay off student loans.

No trace of her in the past decade.

Galley likes this.
  25. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Robert Francis, (Ensign Willis Keith in 1954's The Caine Mutiny), appeared in only four films before his promising career was cut short by his untimely death in an airplane crash in 1955.

Collector Man and guy incognito like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.