Actors + Actresses Who Only Appeared In 1 or 2 Films

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by greatmuta, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

It was tragic that he left us so soon. I believe he was married to Meryl Streep before his passing. If not, they were certainly a couple for a number of years.

Anyway, great actor, and each of his films are gems.

2. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

A great actor. My parents went to college with him at Oberlin. They first recognized him in The Conversation.

3. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Peter Hinwood, who played Rocky in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", has only 4 acting credits and quit acting in 1976. Apparently he runs an antique store.

4. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Ilah Davis from the George C. Scott film Hardcore. Apparently, she had been a stripper(?) and had a spread in an adult magazine around the time of the film's release. She apparently joined some hippie commune/cult and died in 2007.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204715/

5. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Sally Jane Bruce, who played Pearl Harper in The Night of the Hunter. According to the IMDB her only other screen role was in a short subject made a year earlier.

[​IMG]

xilef regnu and profholt82 like this.
  6. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

Tommy Morrison - Rocky's protege and opponent in Rocky V.
    Went back to boxing, banned for testing HIV positive, died from HIV complications at 44.
    He could have been a contender.

7. MetallicSquink

MetallicSquink Forum Resident

Harold Russell, who lost both of his hands during World War II, won two Academy Awards--Best Supporting Actor and an honorary Oscar for "bringing hope and courage to his fellow veterans"--for his performance in 1946's The Best Years of Our Lives. Upon completion of the film, director William Wyler urged Russell to return to school since there "weren't many roles for actors without hands." Russell appeared in just two other films: 1980's Inside Moves and 1997's Dogtown. He also guested on the primetime television series Trapper John M.D. in 1981 and China Beach in 1989.

8. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

First one I thought of as well. 'Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory', he was iconic in the lead role of Charlie Bucket. Then seems to have gone back to normal life, became a veterinarian in upstate NY. Good athlete too, ran a 2:53 marathon at age 50 in 2007. (I'm not stalking him, I produce races and that result stuck out when I saw it years ago.)

My favorite movie of all-time, 'Dazed & Confused' has a few actors/actresses in this situation, not lead roles but not what I'd call "extras" either...Jason O. Smith who played Melvin Spivey, and Catherine Morris who played Julie Simms. Both of these actors were featured in a number of scenes in that movie.

Another one...Tom Fergus who played Claude in 'Over The Edge', a seminal movie from my youth...that was his only role, 5th billed on the credits list on IMDB. I believe he's a therapist now, something of that nature. Other "one timers" from that movie, Julia Pomeroy who played Julia, the person who runs the Rec Center for the kids...Kim Kliner, who played "Abby", probably the #2 female teen lead.

Galley likes this.
  9. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Husband and wife team of Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne made a few films but were primarily stage actors

10. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Andy Kaufman only did a few films and I believe his film career ended with the failure of Heartbeeps.

11. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

Not married, but together for at least two years until his death.

profholt82 likes this.
  12. greatmuta

greatmuta Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's comments. :thumbsup: Wow there's a lot more actors and actresses that only made a few films than I thought. Here's another one. Adrienne King (Friday the 13th Part 1 and 2). She was stalked by a crazy fan in the early 80's and didn't make another film until 2010.

13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/45198512/IMG_0967.JPG
    [​IMG]

Only photo of Colleen Haskell found on the net rom the past decade. Married a musician, changed her last name and had a kid.

Other living people listed in this thread I think sometimes do the occasional autograph convention. Colleen won't even take nice checks from Survivor for minimal work or even a single update interview.

14. Somewhat Damaged

Somewhat Damaged Forum Resident

15. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Maria Callas. One film credit. Pier Paolo Pasolini's Medea.

16. David Gurian, one of the male leads in the classic Russ Meyer/Roger Ebert trashfest Beyond the Valley of The Dolls, didn't appear in any other films.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    jupiter8 likes this.
  17. japes

japes Senior Member

Speaking of singers turned actors. Bjork gave us a fantastic performance in Dancer in the Dark. But her experience working under director Lars von Trier dissuaded her from ever making another movie (thus far).

Other than the art film Drawing Restraint #9, which she made with her partner Matthew Barney, she has stayed firmly planted in the music world.

18. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

The guy that played Spaulding in Caddyshack only did that movie and now is into real estate in Cambridge.

19. Sandy Farina

jupiter8 likes this.
  20. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

Sarah Holcomb, who Played Maggie the waitress in 'Caddyshack' did 'Animal House' (...I lied too, I'm only 13) and only two other movies.

ampmods likes this.
  21. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

I remember seeing her on an episode of "Star Search" in the mid-80s, with a short haircut and competing as a singer. She lost.

22. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

Eminem
    Tina Turner only had 3 acting roles (if you count "Tommy")

23. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

James Dean of course made three films before his death.

24. kch27

kch27 Forum Resident

Charmian Carr, who played Liesl in The Sound of Music, only made one other movie.

25. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

The Black Stallion -Kelly Reno
    Can't Buy Me Love -Amanda Peterson BTW a terrific performance by her
    And all honesty, how about Mark Hamill from Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.