Actors and Actresses You Miss

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by townsend, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Toni Erdmann (announced)

Sources tell Variety that Nicholson, who turns 80 this year, was a huge fan of the original and approached Paramount’s Brad Grey with the idea and Grey immediately worked with the team at Paramount to secure the rights.

“Toni Erdmann” marks Nicholson’s first film since playing a role in the James L. Brooks dramedy “How do You Know,” which many in Hollywood thought could have been the actor’s last major film. He also starred in the 2007 film “The Bucket List” opposite Morgan Freeman.

2. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

James Garner was an amazing actor whose work I miss greatly! I first discovered him as "Jim Rockford" or "Jimbo" or "Rockfish" on The Rockford files. LOVED this character and his portrail of it to this day. I learned to do "Rockford's" (J-turns) by watching this show lol .....

[​IMG]

3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

He really lost a lot after getting the crap beat out of him with a baseball bat.

4. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

There was something special about Elizabeth Montgomery, something that has captivated me since I was a kid.

[​IMG]

5. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

6. townsend

townsend Senior Member Thread Starter

Natalie Wood -- a little bit before my time, but what natural, timeless beauty:
    [​IMG]

Moshe, 905, Radio Jammor and 8 others like this.
  7. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Amelia Shankley

8. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Her nose was very expressive.

I remember being shocked when she turned up as Lizzie Borden in a drama-documentary.

9. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

10. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

could have done without Angel
    Loved him in Support your local sheriff.
    For me Rod Steiger
    [​IMG]

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

so many I lost count...

12. Michael

exactly how I feel...but, I thought was as good as most...he was fabulous in his last TV series that he could not finish sadly...a fine good-bye indeed...

13. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

All three below ...

[​IMG]

14. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Nice to find another fan of The Beast! Really good show that went under the radar. Swayze was an actor of limited range, but always delivered.

I'll add Jan Smithers (Bailey Quarters on WKRP). She did a little TV work after the show, then disappeared. One of my earliest crushes!

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  15. townsend

One of my favorite actors of all time. Here is a picture of Burt from the blu-ray of Lawman . . .
    [​IMG]

16. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I miss Rod a lot, too. He was one of the few actors who talk about acting without making it sound pretentious.

I also miss Bob Hoskins. His performance in Pennies From Heaven is just heartbreaking....

17. townsend

How many of you remember the actress Susan George? She is still with us, and in her prime (see picture), she was stunningly beautiful, and still looks mighty good.

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  18. kinkling

kinkling Forum Resident

mostly the ones who died too young:

Steve McQueen
    Raul Julia
    Heath Ledger
    Adrienne Shelley
    John Cazale
    River Phoenix

and the ones who I enjoyed no matter what the role:

Bob Hoskins
    Walter Matthau
    Jill Clayburgh
    Powers Boothe
    Jessica Tandy

19. Michael

really loved Jim Varney...he seemed like a good soul...

geralmar and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  20. Michael

my wife loved him...his dancing that is.: ) I'll watch any movie with my wife...really love the time together.

21. violarules

violarules Senior Member

Madeline Kahn. Gone way too soon.

22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

This month marks the 1 year death anniversary of Flo Henderson. :(

buzzzx likes this.
  23. Michael

Indeed...who can forget her in Straw Dogs!

24. townsend

An aged Burt Lancaster, in the film (recently released [again] on blu-ray), Valdez Is Coming:
    [​IMG]

Burt was a giant of a man, a real man. He did a lot of his stunts in his movies. I remember one in particular from the movie "The Professionals" (one of my favorite movies), which is discussed in the "extras".

Here is an excerpt about this movie (from Valdez Is Coming, that is) from TCM (Turner Classic Movies) film archive:

For the better part of his career, Burt Lancaster was an especially robust physical specimen. John Wayne may have seemed like he could crush you with a calloused thumb, but Lancaster, who was also an accomplished acrobat, had the build of a world-class athlete. It must have been difficult for such a performer to finally admit that he was getting old, but Lancaster did just that in Valdez Is Coming (1971), a densely plotted Western that's brimming over with vibrant performances. The script's rather antiquated moralizing -- remember, hip "movie brats" had already begun to seize control of Hollywood by 1971 -- can't hide the fact that this is a first-rate crew of actors wringing every bit of emotion they can out of what was fast becoming an extinct genre.

Pete Puma and Dok like this.
  25. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

The incomparably beautiful Gene Tierney!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.