Adam Sandler movies are the worst things ever

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Totally true.

I don't think all of his movies are terrible, but for the last few years to say he's been dialing it in is being kind.

I'm sure he's good guy; it's that his movie making is some of the laziest, puerile crap on record in recent years.

ky658 likes this.
  2. 3ringcircus

3ringcircus Forum Resident

Agreed...I don't find his brand of stupid appealing or funny.

3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Foosball is the Debbil!

Billy Infinity and four sticks like this.
  4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I have never made it all the way through one of his movies. Pure crap. I guess I don't get his style of humor. :shrug:

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

100% totally agree.

fart humor, and really bad fart humor at that.

sandler is on list of actors i have that i will not watch anything by them, no matter what, i'd watch an infomercial before any movie with:

sandler
    ferrell
    stiller
    carrey
    barrymore

music4life and GodShifter like this.
  6. I'd say that Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, and Rob Schnieder's movies all suck eggs. Not just that they are bad, but they are so embarrassingly bad that they few times I've seen them, I've been embarrassed.

7. I thought Punch-Drunk Love was pretty good, kind of like how Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a good Jim Carrey movie.

Then again, Little Nicky and Me, Myself, and Irene are probably the two worst movies I have ever seen.

8. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Sandler has basically played the same character in most of his films from what I can tell. The same character he used to play when he was on SNL. Kind of mumbling and talking out the side of his mouth. I dont even consider him a real actor. How his movies are popular leaves me scratching my head...

9. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Most of his output is bad but I'm surprised no one has mentioned his absolute nadir (and first) film. This is truly atrocious. The inanimate butts on the dvd cover are better than anything contained within.

Going Overboard
    [​IMG]

10. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Liam Neeson plays the same bad*** in every movie he’s in but nobody’s complaining about him.

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I don't think Sandler plays a "mumbly character" at all - not sure where that notion comes from.

Sandler's worst movies are the ones that most show his ego - the ones in which he plays some sort of "big shot". In "Grown Ups", he's a huge Hollywood agent - terrible movie. In "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", he's a lady-killing stud - terrible movie.

And so on. When he plays someone with some humility, the results are usually pretty good. I thought "Zohan" was going to be terrible, but he played the lead in such an unassuming way that it ended up working...

GodShifter likes this.
  12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

except Schindler's List and Kinsey

13. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

I really like Funny People.

drivingfrog likes this.
  14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

me too, however the key word here is "funny"....and most of those mentioned are not funny at all, nor are the lines that written for them to try to be "funny" with.

15. drivingfrog

drivingfrog Calm down, have some dip.

I like it too.

It's interesting that the movie pokes so much fun at his own career, yet has proved itself inconsequential to his career.

16. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

Weirdly enough, he made an excellent cover of a Warren Zevon song:

SonOfAlerik and Dudley Morris like this.
  17. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  18. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Pelt him with rocks and garbage.

19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Larry Mc likes this.
  20. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I tolerated The Waterboy because Jerry Reed and Kathy Bates were in it, but I have no use for Adam Sandler at all.

21. nojmplease

nojmplease Host, You Can't Unhear This

Most shocking is how out of the all-star cast he was with on SNL, somehow his career has become the most profitable. Sadly, of course, the two most talented actors from that era (Farley and Hartman) are long gone.

mpayan likes this.
  22. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

As a huge Zevon fan I will give him that. I thought he did a surprisingly nice, rollicking version.

And if you pushed me, I would grudgingly admit that I did like The Wedding Singer but then, I watched that one with my wife, so sharing that one with her may have made it a bit more warm and fuzzy wuzzy for me ....:)

Robin L likes this.
  23. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

Carrey is on the top of my list. The others I can tolerate their better movies.

24. But like I said earlier, that's really a Seth Rogen film featuring Adam Sandler.

25. It's a classic class clown situation: Sandler is talented, but he rarely applies himself. He's content to dick around and phone it in, and as long as he can rake it in that way that's what he'll continue to do.

samurai, Remurmur and GodShifter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.