Adobe Photoshop error - please help

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Getting this error continually in Adobe Photoshop; Runtime Error - pure virtual function call. Just started today. Never had it before. The error occurs when I attempt to leave the text mode and return to the Rectangular Marquee Tool or any other tool for that matter. When I click the X or the OK button, Photoshop shuts down.

Currently working on a purple Capitol label for a couple of Capitol Canada Beatles needle drops.

Please :help:.

Attached Files:

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Hasn't happened to me Chris, but if you Google R6025 and Photoshop there are quite a few hits. Maybe something will "click" when you look them over.......

Nice looking label by the way.

3. Chris R

Thanks Craig. I initially searched Google and could not find anything, nor could I find any info at Adobe's Web site. However, Photoshop starting working again. Weird. Label is finished. I'll post the info in the labels thread.

4. GT40sc

GT40sc Senior Member

I am using Photoshop Elements, and I had a related error the other day when working on some hi-rez photographic scans...

It said "Runtime Error!"...and then there was something about Microsoft Visual C++...

I turned off the scanner, re-installed some scanning software, and the problem went away...

I have a four-year-old PC (slow) and it often chokes if I try to use the scanner while Photoshop is open...even with 512 mB of RAM...sigh.

best of luck,

5. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

I have a newer PC with 512 MB of RAM and even then when I run Photoshop it really challenges the computer. No choking, but definitely a hiccup or two. If you can configure Photoshop to use a separate drive as a scratch disk, it helps a lot.

6. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

First download all the latest Microsoft critical updates and reboot. Then obtain and install the appropriate Photoshop upgrades and reboot.

Usually this keeps things running smooth.

7. Chris R

Thanks guys. The original error went away after I opened the file for the 100th time. I typed the text again, switched to the Rectangular Marquee Tool and everything was fine. I immediately began to save the file every 2 minutes or so.

I'll be keepin an eye on the application when I begin work on my next label, soon, saving the file every couple of minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.