Aggressive revisionist color-correcting in remasters. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Tangent:
    The depiction of ME in the films was good.

It was the changing of some major themes from Tolkien's intent that don't sit right with me.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

Some people are impossible to please.

The LOTR movies are pretty much universally lauded as being well made with good acting and special effects. Hell, the last one won Best Picture, for crying out loud.

You're merely proving my point that your expectations are extremely (and I'm using that word lightly) unreasonable and impossible to meet, much less exceed.

Let's get back on topic...

Scott222C and Raf like this.
  3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

You weren't watching it at 48 frames per second were you? That may account for how it looked, if that was the case. If not, carry on. :)

4. We were streaming it on Vudu.

5. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

The Matrix most definitely had a green tint while they were in the matrix. Once the scenes are in the "real world" the color scheme is more normal - or, more blue. But more of the James Cameron cool blue - not the "teal/orange" blue. It was a visual cue to help differentiate where you were. The DVD still had the green tint (I have it), and I remember a big stink about it over at the Home Theater forum at the time - people thinking something was wrong. It had to be explained that it was on purpose.

I never saw the Blu-ray version but if that is it above - it does look bad. Neo looks like he's either about to throw up, or he's the walking dead.

I prefer the extended Aliens cut too. But all I have is the CAV laserdisc - which I can't play anymore because I have no working LD player.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  6. *facepalm*

You know, J.R.R. Tolkien probably rolls around in his grave every time those Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films get played or watched anywhere. Also, there has got to be something seriously wrong and/or shady with all of those so-called "critics" lauding the film, when clearly they (and also you as well, apparently) cannot see just how much of a middle-finger all of those films are to the Middle-Earth universe, and also just how laughably poor the craftsmanship is in some of them as well. :disgust: :thumbsdow :mad:

Erik Tracy likes this.
  7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

Yeah. Everybody else is wrong but you.

Facepalm indeed.

Scott222C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.