AHS Season 3 question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Etienne Hanratty, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident Thread Starter

i’ve been working through these on Netflix. The first one, I enjoyed and the second series worked in spite of itself. Series 3, on the other hand has been a bit meh, rather too glossy and OC for my liking. I’ve ploughed on, expecting it to get better, but it hasn’t. Instead, there’ve been daft celebrity cameos and nonsensical plot developments but I’m inclined to put it down to the writers overreaching themselves.

However...

Last night, I sat through what I thought were the final three episodes. Come the end, there was a sort of resolution-providing you can buy the fact several characters have changed their motivation entirely and others have overcome hugely significant problems without any on screen explanation-and what seemed to be a nice-and welcome-ambiguous ending which almost redeemed the whole thing. I was all ready to give series 4 a chance when I realised there was another episode to go.

On the music forum there are numerous threads about changing the order or track listing of albums but I haven’t seen the same about television programmes. My question, to those of you who’ve watched the whole thing is: is the final episode worth bothering with? Does it suddenly get better? Is it good enough that it’ll alter my perception of the whole series? Given what I gather is a policy of reuse by characters in subsequent series, would writing it off before episode 13 affect my understanding of what happens afterwards?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.