Aja-Original, Cisco, or Japan Universal 200 gram?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronflugelguy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. I just wanted to get some opinions on these three versions.I know what I hear , but I want some additional opinions. :wave:
  2. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

I love the 30th Anniversary Cisco pressing. Just listened to it yesterday. I can't imagine it sounding better.
  3. readingm

readingm Active Member

A friend did a hi-rez needledrop of the Cisco and it sounded wonderful, we both thought is was better than the original. Haven't heard the Universal.
  4. phallumontis

phallumontis Active Member

Never heard the Universal, but the Cisco smokes the already great-sounding original. The instruments just have more "presence" to them - especially Mr. Shorter's sax during the title track. :D
  5. christopher

christopher Forum Neurotic

at $45, the universal's a bit too rich for my blood.

i, too, have a cisco and love it, although i've got no other vinyl copy to compare it to.

i'm sure someone here will chime in soon on other versions.

later, chris
  6. JasonK

JasonK Active Member

The only Universal LP I bought was "What's Goin' On" which sounded INCREDIBLY bright...like, over the top bright. I can't honestly say what Universal's AJA sounded like, but I have three versions- The original, the MFSL, and the Cisco, and the Cisco is the nicest to my ears.
  7. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Donny Hathaway-ologist

I have two Cisco's and an original ABC vinyl. On my system, even I notice how good that Cisco vinyl is. It handily beats the ABC vinyl.

Ed
  8. paul cbc

paul cbc Active Member

Thanks for this thread. :thumbsup:

I've been putting off ordering this for one reason or another.
    Went ahead and did so last night, knowing I would kick myself when it went OOP.

Paul :)
  9. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I have them both but can't tell you anything until I get back home in June. But so far I have been quite disapointed in the Universal Japan series. As has been said before, consistantly very bright.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)