Alanis Morissette- Jagged Little Pill. How about a Deluxe Edition?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm sure I'm not the only fan of the album here, right? :) I'd love to see a three-disc Deluxe Edition of this album

Disc 1- the album remastered
    Disc 2- outtakes (see bellow), demos, b-sides. the Space Cakes EP.
    Disc 3- A DVD of all 6 music videos and select live performances.

According to Wikipedia:

Actually; the time to do this probably would have been in 2005 for its 10th anniversary; but oh well. Maybe in 2015?

Grand_Ennui and pinkrudy like this.
  2. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

It's certainly deserving of the full treatment, because there are some great moments on this album. "Forgiven" is a personal favourite, but "Perfect", "Hand In My Pocket", and "You Learn" are great '90s pop/rock tracks.

3. Senn20

Senn20 Forum Resident

I heard that album so many times in the 90's that I can't listen to it anymore.

It was absolutely huge though and certainly deserving of a deluxe reissue.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

There is also the acoustic re-recording of the album that would have to be included in the deluxe reissue.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

I'd rather it not be included because it (the acoustic re-recording) isn't from the era of the album's release. But it (JLPA) is a great album and well worth owning.

6. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

I'm in...

7. Hey Vinyl Man

Hey Vinyl Man Another bloody Yank down under...

Ditto, plus it was released a few months after I graduated from college and the year and a half or so after graduation was among the worst times of my life, so it's forever tainted by association. But I concede it was an achievement, regardless of what I think of it.

8. PaulKTF

JLP is one of those albums I have to not listen to for extended periods (like a year or more) if I really want to enjoy and appreciate it when I do listen to it. I think it's because I listened to it a lot in 95/96/97 and might have burned out on it in a way.

That said: I still think it holds up very well and I think it's still my favorite in her catalog.

9. htbomb

htbomb Hot Rod

Great album. Hugely influential. Far lesser albums have received the deluxe treatment.

I'm in. And I got one hand in my pocket.

10. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

So I am. I was digging around in a box of CD's for something to listen to, and came across this. I haven't listen to it all the way through in nearly ten years, and I gotta tell you....it still works. Brilliant record.

11. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

It was, like Hootie & The Blowfish - Cracked Rear View & Ace of Base - The Sign, a fluke. These had to have been the top 3 trade-ins to used CD shops from that era. Several million other copies had to wound up in landfills.

rockclassics likes this.
  12. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

A fluke? I dont think so. The album that came after it (Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie) proved that it wasnt. While not as good as "Pill" there were still several great tracks on it.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  13. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Deluxe edition? Sure, why not.

Remaster? No. Not necessary with this title, which was mastered well the first time.

Given what the term "remaster" has come to mean these days, best to leave it as is (unless it ends up in the hands of our host, of course), lest we end up with yet another loudness war victim.

14. Zanth

Zanth Senior Member

I sold my CD copy during my first year of university to help fund a 26'er of JW Black for my younger brother who was on his way to see me for homecoming. My brother swore up and down that he drank that all the time. Heh, he was fibbing. Meanwhile, I could barely handle beer at the time and I never drank a sip of alcohol before I went to university, so I recognized my sad sad baby palette. Long story short, he took a sip, choked, I sold the bottle to a friend for some vodka that my brother used to spike some OJ and after all that I was out a solid disc I never thought to repurchase since it was on auto-repeat on every station for the next 3 years straight.

So, after 15 years, sure, I could go for a deluxe. Won't sell it this time unless it is going to fund a nice bottle of red from the south of France ;)

15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I've followed her career since JLP and enjoyed the subsequent albums for the most part, but I probably haven't listened to this one in over a decade, still feel no reason to. Man, the label drove this record into the ground, didn't they?

16. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0wnd8B6O_I
    The Wesley Willis music video parody MUST be on the DVD on some capacity, easter eggs or bonus features.

17. smokeverbs

smokeverbs Senior Member

Oh God I hope not, that was an autotuned mess. Do Not Want.

Absolutely.

18. DBMethos

DBMethos Forum Resident

Love the singles from this one, but it never really grabbed me as an album. I prefer Under Rug Swept and So-Called Chaos.

19. PaulKTF

Yeah, those are more mature albums, and I think they're better written, but I admit it's the poppy hooks of JLP that really draw me into it.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

One of the few mega albums of that era that holds up for me...I'd get a deluxe reissue if the bonus material were compelling.

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

isn't this one of the rare 90's album than only exist in a digital master?(16bit only). There is a vinyl pressing, but I wondered if it was "cd on wax" sound quality.

22. PaulKTF

I hadn't heard anything about it either way but I think that's interesting if it's true.

23. PaulKTF

It turns 20 (!) next June. That would be a great time to release something...

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  24. otherdimension

otherdimension Senior Member

The recent vinyl was remastered from the original analogue master! It's sounds great and is an improvement over the cd!

25. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

id buy it if it was 30$...if its 100$ then no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.