Alanis Morissette- MTV Unplugged album and missing songs.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Alanis Morissette's MTV Unplugged performance was released on CD with several songs inexplicably missing (Baba, Thank U, Your House, maybe others?). The missing songs were included on a rare King Of Pain promo CD single.

MTV Unplugged (Alanis Morissette album) - Wikipedia

I don't understand why they didn't just release the complete concert on CD. I hope they re-release it with the missing songs restored at some point because I think it's a terrific performance.

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Never came out on DVD either. She's also sitting on a full JLP tour pro-shot show and all her music videos.

Alanis Storytellers DVD is recommended. Has a "music only" function and sound quality is unusually good.

3. PaulKTF

Oh man, I forgot about that Storytellers show! I've never actually seen it- I'll have to get the DVD! Thanks for the reminder. :)

4. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Maybe they'll release this when "Jagged Little Pill" reaches its 25th Anniversary... in 2 years!!!

Jeez Louise.... ;)

5. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Yeah I ended up buying the super rare single to get the missing songs. They are great performances, but the CD single price is just ridiculous.

6. PaulKTF

Man, this makes me feel old! :)

Yeah, I looked it up on eBay and was floored at how expensive it was!

gregorya likes this.
  7. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

My apologies... ah well, it beats the alternative... ;)

8. Joe P.

Joe P. Forum Resident

Whenever there would be a re-issue/remaster, I would like that. It has been a while, indeed.

I lost my apetite when I saw those high priced Maxi Singles on Discogs. Somehow that disc is pure gold.

I did buy the regular, one track 'King Of Pain' single. And it surprised me with its profoundly different sound versus the song on the album. It is a lot more colourful, with increased depth and resolution (also a little more sibilant, but with substance). Maybe other people's ears/systems likes it better too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.