Alanis Morissette- My Humps video

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I want a German version....Mein Humpens!:)

2. evenreven

evenreven New Member

Exactly. Well put.

Another thing, I read a lot of feminist literature and theory, and if there's one thing I hate much more than the vulgar sex appeal of Fergie it's people slagging it off with snide, hateful parodies that say I'm better than you.

Dave, me too! :D

3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Set it to boring German marching music with a group of people chanting the lyrics tunelessly. That'd be pretty funny- make it as boring as possible.

4. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Hey, already done pretty amusingly by Self (Matt Mahaffey), sung to the tune of "Ironic." He did the whole song, but this is the chorus:

Its a real pain
    When she hits the airwaves
    With a pack of lies
    That she wrote in the third grade
    She's a head of lies
    Thats you just cant shake
    And each single makes me sicker

5. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

The original song and this "cover" are both bad versions. I prefer "Bip Bop" and "Ding Dang" over those any day! :winkgrin:

6. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Yuk. As if it wasn't bad enough first time around...

7. Lazy0ne

Lazy0ne Forum Resident

8. RDK

RDK Active Member

Bump just because I only now saw this and it's absolutely brilliant! Alanis perfectly skewering one of the dumbest (not to mention most misogynist) songs of the decade. I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading here...

9. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Great idea for a parody murdered by the usual over-melodramatic "singing" that I've come to expect from Alanis all these years. The video saves it from being a total disaster.

Why won't she just leave?

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Because some people enjoy her music and she can make a good career at it? If you don't like her, don't listen - no need to be nasty about it...

11. RDK

RDK Active Member

Geez, the "over-melodramatic" singing is partly what makes it such a wicked parody. :rolleyes:

12. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Yes, my last question does seem uncalled for. I apologize for that. Should have just left it at the first paragraph.

I realize the melodramatic singing is part of the parody; I just don't think Alanis has the voice to make it sound any different than anything else she's done. I mean, this song isn't any more distinguishable from that "you're not invited" song she did awhile back.

Anyway, enough of my thread-crapping. Carry on! :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.