Alba Armengou

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Doghouse Riley, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Forum Resident Thread Starter

The lead singer in this is Alba Armengou recorded last month, she's now fourteen.
    The other girls also all play instruments to a professional standard. Andrea Motis, trumpet/soprano/alto sax Elia Bastida, violin, Rita Payes, trombone.

They grow up fast. Here's Alba soloing on trumpet in 2013 at the age off ten. I like the way students of the Sant Andreau Jazz Band are constantly being brought on.

EASY MONEY SANT ANDREU JAZZ BAND & JESSE DAVIS ( JOAN CHAMORRO DIRECCION ) ยป

2. Paul SJ

Paul SJ New Member

Nice post about a fabulous band with splendid juvenile musicians - thank you!

I've been following them on youtube for a while, so please allow me some nitpicking:
    - The recording time of "Triste" was August, 2016. Mind you that recording and publishing dates may differ widely, up to five+ years from my experience. Only by last year would the recording date be regularily noted in the description.

It is noted in the "Easy Money" take though: Nov., 2011. Alba was nine years old then :)
    Look out for her wee sister, minor by two years, in the right of the trumpet section! Elsa took the lead in "Undecided" during that concert - so cute!

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Forum Resident Thread Starter

Joan Chamorro tends to upload recordings at different times, but they are the professional ones. Other YouTube contruibutors upload their own.

I started this thread on the band in 2014, on another board. It might be worth checking out as I linked a few dozen performances over the years.

For Jazz Lovers : Jazz from Catalonia

4. Paul SJ

Paul SJ New Member

Thanks for the hint - you had the privilege to discover them way before me, I can only try to make up on it.
    Meanwhile, I carry sweet memory of watching some of their concerts in Switzerland last year - superb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.