Album by album, song by song threads

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Terrapin Station, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns Thread Starter

Wondering about this since I'm relatively new here, but do the album by album/song by song threads get redone periodically? You know, so after a couple years or whatever, there will be another one for the same artist?

I was just wondering because there are a number that I'd like to participate in that I wasn't here for or hadn't noticed until they're far into the process. And even if I notice them in a timely fashion, it can start to feel like a chore to participate in too many at once (especially because I don't like to comment on anything unless I relisten to it).

So I was hoping that they get redone periodically . . .

2. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Maybe you could start a new thread and call it a remastered thread... ;)

Terrapin Station likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I don't know about X-by-X threads specifically, but the forum rules say that new threads should be started for discussions rather than responding to old/dead/abandoned threads, so maybe that's a good guide.

A personal pet peeve of mine is when members pop into an ongoing X-by-X thread and start commenting on songs/albums that were discussed months or years before. It's annoying and destroys the flow. So maybe don't do that - just let the albums/songs you missed go - but that's just something that bugs me and not a rule.

4. Terrapin Station

I'm way too OCD for that, haha, especially since I routinely listen to discographies in order for leisure listening.

5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I didn't mean not to listen to them:p, just not to comment on them months or years after everyone else has already moved on.

6. Terrapin Station

What I mean is that it feels weird to me to jump into something in the middle of it like that. Anyway, so all of the album by album, song by song threads going on now are going on for the first time? There was never a Zappa album by album thread prior to the one that's finishing up now, for example?

7. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

Jump in!!

8. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

I was tempted to do that with the thread about my favourite group (The Fall) but decided it was best to leave it, long time posters will have discussed the albums/songs at length already...and despite the fact we're already into the 4th decade of the groups' existence there's still a lot to get through!

Frank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.