Alejandro Jodorowsky's Endless Poetry (Poesía Sin Fin) ... estimated release in 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by CraigVC, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member Thread Starter

Endless Poetry will be the sequel to Alejandro Jodorowsky's 2013 film The Dance of Reality.

There was a Kickstarter campaign earlier this year, to raise funds to begin production.

I'm one of the 3,518 backers, contributing a tiny, tiny slice of the $442,313 that was pledged. Anyone else on these forums who contributed to the Kickstarter?

I just received an email from the Kickstarter campaign, asking me to confirm my mailing address within the next 2 days, suggesting that I might soon receive some physical artifact related to the project. I wonder if it will be the Poetic Money?

I really enjoyed The Dance of Reality, and I'm hopeful that this follow-up can be created and distributed in good time, realizing that Jodorowsky is very old and anything is possible. I'm glad that he's able to have this burst of creativity at this point in his life.

Craig.

Ghostworld and drasil like this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So... will this be about a 'teen-age' Jodorowsky?!?!
    Awesome!

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I really enjoyed Dance of Reality and am looking forward to seeing this. I had no idea there was a Kickstarter and would have contributed had I known.

That reminds me that I've got that Blu-ray of El Topo in my "watch" pile.

4. CraigVC

5. CraigVC

Indiegogo funding effort is 25% of the way to its goal of $150,000, with 26 days remaining.

A mere $10 donation will get your name in the end credits of the film. Plenty of perks for higher levels of contributions, including MP3s of the soundtrack, ability to stream or download the film when it's released, t-shirts, thank you videos, invitations to attend the premier at various cities, etc.

I'm excited about this production. Only 1 year away from seeing the finished product, if all goes as planned ... !

Craig.

6. CraigVC

As reported on the updates page, Dual-contributors (to both Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns) have received, via email, a collection of some behind-the-scenes images, including set designs, costumes (sketched, and realized), first page of the script, etc.

We were sworn to secrecy as to revealing the details of the contents or sharing the images with others, but I can say it makes me very excited about how this film will turn out, to see all these plans for it.

Craig.

7. CraigVC

Three days left to finish the Indiegogo campaign. They need around US$15,000 more to meet the goal.

Here's a referral link where you can go to contribute to the post-production of this film:
    http://igg.me/at/endlesspoetry/x/11707558

Thanks,
    Craig.

zobalob likes this.
  8. CraigVC

Been a while since an update. The film is finished and is now showing in Cannes, with additional showings planned. The fundraising campaigns are now reaching out to donors who contributed to get tickets for showings in various cities. Hopefully worldwide distribution will get sorted out eventually.

Nice article here about Jodorowsky's planned FIVE FILM series, of which Endless Poetry is the 2nd film:

Why 87-Year-Old Alejandro Jodorowsky is at the Peak of His Career »

And here was a Kickstarter project update from a few days ago, referencing a showing of the film in Cannes on May 14, including a link to an excerpt of the film on YouTube:

Craig.

john hp and jeighson1 like this.
  9. jeighson1

jeighson1 Forum Resident

Thanks for this informative post. Can't wait to see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.