Alice Cooper - new album Paranormal July 28

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Blastproof, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member Thread Starter

Here's the teaser video....

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Ok...well, I didn't get much out of that. Did you?

3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Definitely sounds better than his last few albums.......:bdance:

4. Blastproof

A date...! That bass line sounds kind of promising. Hope they give this a big treatment like the Infinite box.

5. Further

Further Forum Resident

What the hell was that? Is it supposed to imply that this new album is just a waste of time? haha

6. jon9091

I think Alice is trying to tell us he's stuck inside the TV. That'll be the concept.
    Welcome To My Late Night Talk Show

7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

a real song preview would be nice

8. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  9. jon9091

You make it sound like Alice and his bandmates are going to be there.

10. jon9091

Where does it say that exactly?

All I see is this...
    IN PERSON: TOM SILBERKLEIT & DAVID TEMPLETON
    Following the screening, Silberkleit will participate in a discussion moderated by journalist David Templeton.

11. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

sorry- you're right! i misread the guest names. well, the doc film looks cool anyway!

Maybe someone can delete my post above to avoid confusion.

12. DeadLoss

DeadLoss Well-Known Member

Maybe the new album's going to be a cross between The Twilight Zone & Metal Machine Music. A sort of Grand Guignol musique concrete; like a whacked-out missing link between Zipper and Dada.

Then again, it'll probably be some 'welcome to my serial killer going to hell' (for the umpteenth time), dad-metal nonsense, that AC can churn out in his sleep. Hopefully not.

13. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Wasn't there an interview with Alice recently where he mentioned recording some tracks with the original ACG members? Hopefully they show up here.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. viper66

viper66 Forum Resident

I read last year that the surviving original Alice Cooper band members were recording a full album together, and it would be in the vein of the album Killer.
    I hope that album does eventually get released!

15. SickThing

SickThing Forum Resident

Despite some overenthusiastic headlines a while back, they did not record a full album together. They did write and record several songs together. I think three of them will appear on the album.

Hunter

seed_drill likes this.
  16. viper66

viper66 Forum Resident

Thanks for the info, And a couple new tracks by the guys is better than none at all!
    I loved the couple of songs the surviving members recorded for Alice's welcome 2 my nightmare a few years ago.

Really great stuff!!

17. DeadLoss

DeadLoss Well-Known Member

It's going to be called Paranormal. No concept and, apparently, it "goes all over the place".

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

taken from : Sickthings SickthingsUK - THE Unofficial Alice Cooper Site

Paranormal?
    Alice was on 'The Mad Rock Morning Show' on Mad Rock 102.5 a couple of days ago and you can listen to the interview here. During the show he talked about various things including the new album, which he said will be called 'Paranormal'!
    After a little searching I found the following that appears to be from a new Australian interview with 'May The Rock Be With You'.
    "Well I’ve got a new album coming out in July and it’s called ‘Paranormal’ and it’s Bob Ezrin and I, Bob is producing. Larry Mullen is playing drums on it from U2, that’s a whole different thing, Billy Gibbons plays on one of the songs, from ZZ Top, and then it’s really all stuff that Bob and I just decided we’re going to do an album of stuff that we like. So it goes all over the place but it’s still a guitar rock album, we decided no story-line in this one, the songs all have a story but there’s no connecting sort of string that connects the songs all together. So that’s why we called it ‘Paranormal’ it’s sort of other than normal for us."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors state that 6 songs were recorded with the original Alice Coopergroup. Three are on the album, I hope the others will be bonustracks.

19. Blastproof

That's okay - we don't need another concept. Killer and School's Out went all over the place, too. Just so long as we don't get another Ke$ha song.

j4yheindeo and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. jon9091

If Ezrin sticks another kiddie choir on here, I'm gonna :hurl:

Haggis Wampovich and Blastproof like this.
  21. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Sounds good

Peace and love✌

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ive heard from a source that the first cut will be called "Rabbit Ears"

23. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Huh? The Wall was a long time ago, wasn't it? I don't remember a kiddie choir on the last Cooper album.

24. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Word has it that it will NOT be a concept album and that it will be as close to "Killer" and "Love It To Death", as possible. Ezrin is supposedly producing it, which I welcome!

25. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.