Alien : Covenant

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lord Summerisle, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

based on the trailer it almost looks like a re-make/reboot/reconfiguration....:D

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

After watching those trailers I can now skip the movie :)

Rasputin and alexpop like this.
  3. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Seriously, I stopped watching yesterday's new trailer about a third of the way through when it became clear it was one of those "entire movie in one minute" jobs.

The Last Supper prologue on the other hand is fine to see, as are the two trailers that came before it. It's just the newest trailer that is intent on spoiling everything.

4. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

The first trailer looked like a cheap and sleazy rip off of the original Alien, and this new trailer looks like every bit of shadowy mystery has once again been dragged into the light. To be clear, I'm judging the trailers only, but they don't inspire me to want to see this movie.

Plan9 likes this.
  5. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Looks awesome! I'm in.

6. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I hope I'm not some kinda rube because I enjoyed Prometheus. I am thinking I will skip this one on the same basis others have said, looks too much like a re-run (although I can see he is playing off of that in the trailer).

7. What happened to really creative trailers like, for example, the original one for "Jaws" and "Alien"? If you want to presell the movie, fine but don't make unnecessary to see the movie.

Karnak and Manimal like this.
  8. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

I expect there is a heck of a lot more with David in the actual film. And if not, maybe there will be an extended BluRay with all the Prometheus-centric material.

9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Saw the preview before Logan and it looks very good.

I'll be watching it.

10. To be fair there are certain horror movie tropes that appear again and again. I'd be curious to see if Scott subverts them. This looks like "Alien:Jurassic Park" to me. The attack in the field reminded me of the raptors in the second film.

Jarleboy likes this.
  11. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Forum Resident

I saw the latest trailer in the IMAX theater before Kong last night, and I have to say that seeing it on the big screen left a much bigger impression on me than watching it at home. There's no doubt that Ridley Scott can shoot a beautiful movie. I just hope the script lives up to the visuals. But I'll still be there opening night.

12. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

I'm in.

The trailer isn't the film in 2 minutes. All of the footage is from the first half of the film. They put a lot of effort into the script, so I have high expectations. It's all about great storytelling. If it's there, I'm there.

13. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

14. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Yes! Comedies for sure, they show all and the only funny jokes in the movie.

15. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Disappointing, hard to its Ridley Scott film.

16. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident Thread Starter

17. Interesting interpretation of Hell.

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Poster looks better than the movie trailer.

19. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

I remember the very first film when it came out, me and my buds saw it, and we nearly jumped out of our skins. Prometheus is about the "space jockey" from the first film, I was disappointed to find the elephant critter's head a helmet, I would have preferred them to keep it as an elephant. I saw a clip from the newist film, and I was hoping the planet was plant free, like lv-426, more geigeresque, I hope it wont be like alien 2, with the action and space marines, yaa they were cool, but it was less scary. Btw did you know the aliens tail wasn't met to be a tail, wink wink, Riddly Scott told H.R Geiger that's a no, no! LOL!:winkgrin:

Jarleboy and Lord Summerisle like this.
  20. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Another prologue. This one picks up where Prometheus left off.

21. It's the home world of the "creators" as I recall.

Johnny Rocker likes this.
  22. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Color me intrigued.

23. Johnny Rocker

Bad to the bone!!!!! argh I cant wait....:D:-popcorn:

Tree of Life and Manimal like this.
  24. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Looks like they're adding a new character.
    Gumby.
    (Look in the backround.)

Johnny Rocker likes this.
  25. Johnny Rocker

Geigers land scape bio-mechanoids. He has a film from the 70s that's very risqué, I wont name it, but it exists and it shows how his critters are part of the landscape and walls. Freaky deaky stuff.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.