Aliens... director's cut

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Claus, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone has seen the director's cut yet... were are the differences?

2. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

One of my favorite action movies!

Assuming this is the same expanded edition that was released on videotape, there's more at the start of the film about Ripley's life after ALIEN -- how the events depicted in the first film robbed her of a family and job. There's also some more logistical stuff when the Marines occupy the colony laboratories, with automated perimeter sentries overwhelmed by the sheer number of aliens.

I'm sure there are other changes, but they're not dramatic. Overall, the additional footage amounts to expanded scenes rather than, say, wholly deleted scenes, such as those reinserted into APOCALYPSE NOW REDUX. And there aren't wholesale changes made to the story and style, as in the different versions of BLADE RUNNER.

3. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

There is also a lengthy scene that explains how the terra forming colony becomes a hive.

4. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Are we talking about the original Alien (which is going to be rereleased in the USA next weekend) or the sequel?

5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I'm talking about the sequel, ALIENS.

I haven't heard about the re-release of ALIEN. Theatrical or DVD?

6. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Theatrical, and its a directors cut. I posted something about it here a few weeks ago. I'm sure there will be a DVD release sooner or later.

http://www.alien.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.