All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

She was an absolute knockout. I loved her more natural appearance when she was on Home Improvement.
    [​IMG]

2. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

3. jason88cubs

Tommy Lee
    8 hrs ·
    Truthfully this whole situation has become so depressing and out of control. My heart was broken when my son punched me. Should I have posted it on social media? No. But I couldn't believe that he was not apologizing or responding to my messages, and didn't care that he knocked me unconscious and filmed my unconscious body laughing. He came in my room to fight me, people can believe what they want, but I will know the truth. I never lunged at my son, or came at him. This isn't what I want for anyone. I love my sons. I've given them everything I possibly could. People hold my past against me, but I haven't had any altercations or issues in 20+ years. The thing that started all of this was Pamela going on a barrage of interviews talking about the past, right as soon as I got engaged to my fiancé, who I have a beautiful relationship with. The fact that Pamela would ignore my pleas for her to stop, pushed me over the edge. I messaged her several times asking her to stop taking these interviews, that was hurting me and the boys, and she would ignore me. When I first started dating my fiancé, she would send me messages of old couples, and things like that saying, "this will be us one day". I suppose my non-response to those messages set her off. She thought she'd have me as a backup plan forever. Constantly calling me and asking me to help her in her new relationships. Do I drink? Yes. Do I drink more than the average Joe? Yes. Have I ever hurt my sons or acted out of turn with them because of my drinking? No. My fiancé barely drinks. We don't do any hard drugs, I haven't in years. No matter how much people wanna pin me as this deviant alcoholic abuser, that isn't me. I'm a happy fun loving guy. I'm joking around all the time, and people take it the wrong way sadly. All I wanted from my son was an apology. And my heart is so broken that he would lie about the whole situation. He came in the room angry about my response to Pamela's relentless press about our old relationship, with his dukes up, telling me to get up and fight him. When I stood up he pushed me into a wall. I didn't want to hit my son son. I never have and I never will. If I wanted to clock him I would have knocked him on his ass. He had no problem knocking me out. I asked him to leave and he spun around and sucker punched me. Knocked me unconscious for 10 minutes. Listen to the 911 call that's made its way online. I have an abusive past which people will always bring up. But I've changed. I don't hurt people anymore. I've learned, I've served time, I've taken a long hard look at myself. It's hard to grow and move past things when people are constantly bringing up the past. All I wanted was an apology; something to show that he actually felt bad, but he doesn't. The boys have been poisoned against me sadly. Because I was on tour working; making money to pay for their private schools and their cars, and their future, so they spent more time with their mother. She became the hero. And I've come to peace with that. I’ll always love my kids, but I won't let them abuse me. I won't let them be in my house and disrespect me like they did. I think they just need some time to learn how to be on their own. They've been given everything their entire lives, never been reprimanded, never had to work for anything. I want them to get real jobs, stable jobs, consistent jobs, not their inconsistent modeling and acting work here and there that doesn't make enough money for them to survive. I want them to learn what it takes to take care of yourself. My alleged "alcoholism" has nothing to do with this. I've been in therapy and working on myself, my fiancé is the one who got me into therapy! The boys never once came and talked to me and told me they felt I had a problem. However my fiancé has been helping me since we've been together. I love my boys,
    I will always love my boys, I just want them to learn that you cannot hurt people without repercussion.

D.B. and Ivand like this.
  4. artfromtex

What a terrible mess. Everyone looks bad.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

What exactly did Pamela say to set Tommy off? I can't find any quotes anywhere. In her letter she claimed she didn't say anything bad. This is pre-brawl I am talking about.

6. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Anyone knows the story behind John Corabi and Nikki Sixx’ Brides Of Destruction band? Think John joined the band initially but then he left. Anyone knows why?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. artfromtex

8. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

I listened to Vince Neil’s Tattoos and Tequila for the first time. Actually not bad. It’s a fun album. Vince’s voice is in good shape. The song selections are cool and well executed for the most part (don’t like Viva Las Vegas though).

I wish Motley would release something like this. Pick songs that influenced their sound and add their twist (as they’ve done in the past with awesome results like Helter Skelter, Anarchy and others).

9. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

10. jason88cubs

Wow! Lovely is gonna be in the movie??!?!? They really are getting down into details.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. I wonder what the script looks like? I can actually see this working (and let's face it most band biopics are awful) if they limit it to the formation of the band up through the signing to Elektra and the release of Too Fast on a major label. There's plenty to work with from the band's backgrounds to the formation of the band to the signing. My favorite part of The Dirt was those years. Otherwise there's just too much to squeeze in to 2 hours.

With that being said I fully expect it to cover the time period in the book and it'll be another lackluster band biopic.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. jason88cubs

You think Nikki will want his overdose in 87 to be left out? lol NO way

What they should do is like release it in different parts like a 5 part documentary maybe, something along those lines

Part1 -Formation-to the Razzle/Vince crash
    Part2- TOP to Nikki's overdose
    Part 3- Sobriety/Feelgood/Decade of Decadence to Vince being kicked out
    Part 4- The Corbai/Swine/Tommy Leaving Motley era
    Part 5-The reunion to The Final Show

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. artfromtex

It's hard to imagine The Dirt being a two-hour affair. I wonder if it might be a mini-series type of thing. A play is always three parts. The setup, the conflict, and then the resolution. It will be interesting to see how they approach this. I hope it turns out well. Such a long wait.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

The 1994 record was progressive, modern, lean, hard, melodic...

To have to take an artistic hard left, then U-turn to placate an industry that didn't care anymore anyway, must be a "Bitter Pill" to swallow (couldn't resist).

He tried to be a team player, but the failure to integrate Vince into the musical progression of the band made Generation Swine a stillborn afterthought the day it was released...and even though they made the record that Elektra demanded of them at that point, it still didn't really get pushed very hard, AMA appearance notwithstanding.

Yeah, I can't blame Tommy for not wanting to be the drummer for a nostalgia act...he had the band he always dreamed of in 1994. And it got stolen from him.

15. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I agree. When you watch those ‘94 rehearsals, Tommy was really excited about the material and direction the band was taking. You could tell everyone was really into it. It sucks that the record wasn’t accepted. Looking back, I think a name change would have been much better for them, but they had just signed the deal with Elektra so they probably couldn’t do it if they had wanted to.

telepicker97, Ivand and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. ModernDayWarrior

Do you blame Tommy for wanting to marry that a few days after meeting her? I don’t lol. She was stunning man.

Ivand and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. ModernDayWarrior

She was certainly a much bigger name than Tommy was that’s for sure.

18. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

The way I heard it, Vince left around the time they were negotiating the $25m deal w/Elektra and they had to keep it hush hush until the ink was drying.

Might be why the brass at Elektra were never truly behind Mötley after that.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Look what I found on Youtube: The Scream’s Outlaw live from 1992.

20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Someone just told they work with someone who's son went to school with Brandon at a boys private school in BC near where Pamala's from. It costs $50,000/year for tuition and board.

21. jason88cubs

Tommy has always been easy to influence

Goodness he looks like an idiot

22. jason88cubs

Awful performance of Sex

Boy that was rough!

27:10 it starts

23. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

24. Rawkdude

Rawkdude Forum Resident

Ivand likes this.
  25. jason88cubs

For you all that listen to the radio. What Motley songs do you hear on the radio?

The main ones I hear are Kickstart, Feelgood, Girlsx3, Home Sweet Home(only the 85 version) and Shout

I have only heard Wild Side a few times, Looks that Kill a handful of times and Too Young To Fall in Love and Smokin in the boys room

I have heard Sane Ol Situation maybe once or twice along with Don't Go Away Mad

I can't recall hearing Livewire, Primal Scream, Without You, or any of their other singles

Great story though. Last year I was driving and "Starry Eyes" came on the radio. I freaked out. It took me about 30 seconds to realize what I was hearing. How the hell is Starry Eyes being played on the radio?! That was a great 3 minutes of loud rock n roll

Pouchkine and SizzleVonSizzleton like this.