The Allman Brothers Band - Brothers and Sisters 40th Ann.Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Markarrow, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Markarrow

Markarrow Forum Resident Thread Starter

For about a week I have been reading rumors about a 40th Anniversary release for The Allman Brothers Brothers and Sisters album.

Supposedly a new remaster will be accompanied by a second disc with the Winterland Concert from 1973.

Has anyone read anything else about this?

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Not a word, until now.

3. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Where did you hear or read about this? I would love to see it come to fruition.

4. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

Hmm, under my radar too but I'd be all for a Deluxe Edition.

5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I would be interested in this one too - especially if it includes a live disc as the second disc. Unfortunately, it probably won't be a complete show.

6. Markarrow

Here is the first site that I ran across with the initial information. It first posted on Mar 22, 2013. I believe that the one or two other notices I have read may have picked up the news from here:

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83133.

One of the posters on that forum mentioned "...no details yet, but Bill Levenson (co-producer of Duane Allman's Skydog box set, among others) posted a quick blurb on Facebook about being at Sterling Sound for a mastering session for Brothers And Sisters and Live At Winterland."

I went to what I believe was his Facebook page and couldn't find the note. So I held off on this for a day or two. I figured that if the speculation on IMWAN was valid someone on this forum would eventually show up with more/better details. (Members of this forum being the best informed and most exact of all music aficionados...:D)

But because this is an album I have a deep emotional attachment to I grew impatient... and figured I would post anyway.

Thanks

7. jgreen

jgreen Well-Known Member

Reading the link a delux edition of Eat A Peach was mentioned. Anyone know about, or have a link to that?

8. Markarrow

Eat a Peach Deluxe was release din 2005 with a bonus disc. According to the Amazon listing "Eat A Peach 2CD Deluxe Edition features the remastered version of the classic album on Disc One, while Disc Two showcases the complete,legendary performance of the Allman Brothers Band at the final June 27, 1971 Fillmore East concert, including nearly 70 minutes' worth of highly charged, never-before-heard performances."

Right now it is pretty cheap on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Peach-All...1364428821&sr=1-1&keywords=eat+a+peach+deluxe

Gary likes this.
  9. PacificOceanBlue

I was always disappointed that the DE for Eat A Peach did not include any studio alternate takes. Gregg Allman even mentions the band laid down multiple takes of Les Brers In A Minor during the sessions; that said, the bonus disc is a keeper.

10. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I have been on the fence about "upgrading" Eat A Peach. I will probably get the Audio Fidelity that is supposedly to be released this year. However, I have been on the fence because I think the DE version sounds really good. If the DE version of Brothers and Sisters is similar, it is going to be a nice release.

11. raysgem2013

raysgem2013 New Member

Where did you read this one of the poster about this? I would love to see it come to fruition.I think thatit is supposedly to be released this year.that would be desirable.

12. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Interesting. I sure hope there are B&S out takes. I have a disc of them and there are some worthy things for sure. Regarding the Winterland show, the 9/26/73 show was broadcast on KSAN and recorded to multitrack tape. Sides 1 and 2 of Wipe The Windows are from that show...an average show from that era. The 12/31/73 Winterland was broadcast huge...biggest radio broadcast across the U.S. sine the days of FDR's fireside chats...an exceptional show to boot.

13. PacificOceanBlue

IIRC, the Allmans were going to release the 12/31/73 Winterland material as part of their official bootleg series a few years back before Kirk West was fired and the releases were put on indefinite hold.

14. jgreen

jgreen Well-Known Member

I hope it will have a full length "Jelly,Jelly".

15. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

Gregg Allman has been in dispute over Allmans out-takes with Universal for years, maybe things are sorted now?

16. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

More vintage Allmans is always a great thing, so bring it on!

Tor33rpm likes this.
  17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I always loved this song as the guitar solos are incredible :).

Bill

18. Myke

I just remembered, I've got a pre order for the MFSL SACD as well...might be another big year for Allmans recordings. Here's hopin' !

19. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I woudl get it,

20. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

There WAS another '73 release lined-up (and mastered), but not that specific show - in any event, it was a damned shame.

21. Myke

Listening to the Feb.1970 Fillmore CD...love Duane's intro to Whipping Post, " here's a song off our record... " I love that. At that moment, it was their only record.

Tor33rpm likes this.
  22. pool_of_tears

I have an alternate mix (diff. vox and organ solo), plus the song runs about 20 or so seconds longer.

23. pool_of_tears

I'd love to have a show from 1975...the Bakersfield and Oakland shows were recorded. King Biscuit Flower Hour was on hand to record the March 1976 show @ Nassau Coliseum...Tucker opened the show.

24. Would certainly buy a deluxe edition of "Brothers & Sisters" if the bonus material has something to offer which we don't have yet.

25. belardd

belardd Senior Member

from IMWAN
    Post subject: [2013-??-??] The Allman Brothers Band "Brothers And Sisters" & "Live At Winterland"
    [​IMG]Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm
    [​IMG]
    The Pope of Pop!

Bannings: Banned??? Moi???
    We got a little sneak preview yesterday. Expect a 4-CD set. The Winterland recordings sound great.

RiRiIII likes this.