The Allman Brothers Band - Brothers and Sisters 40th Ann.Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Markarrow, Mar 27, 2013.

1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

The rehearsal of Southbound w/Berry on bass was but 11/8/72...just three days before Berry died...might be his last recorded performance.

2. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I'm pretty sure I was at this show. I have the ticket and it definitely says July on it. I paid 7 bucks for a lawn seat at Merriweather. Unfortunately the date is not there. Remember when they used to tear the damn ticket in two? I have stubs from other concerts around this time. I'm pretty sure it was 1979. I think John Prine opened? Or was it Dave Mason?

3. pool_of_tears

July 19, 1979?

4. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Yes it was in July. The date and year tore off. I've been trying to find if the Allman's had been there previously. The only other year I would've guessed would've been 1977...... where it lies in my ticket stub book. The ticket lies between 1976 and 1979.

5. pool_of_tears

It has to be 1979. The Allmans were out of commission in 1977. According to their website, 1979 was the first time they played there. For you, having the concert would like a momento.

Todd W. likes this.
  6. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Well, it's 1979 then. Thanks for your help and yes, it would be great. I visited my first Peaches store the same morning in the Columbia area that day.

7. pool_of_tears

You're welcome.

Todd W. likes this.
  8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I saw ABB in Lenox MA at the Music Inn on August 26th, 1979. What a show it was from what I can remember of it :help:! There was this guy walking around with a full bottle of Jack at the beginning of the show. As the show progressed the bottle was getting drained and the guy looked like he was not only blitzed but was beaten on a few times :crazy:!

The Allman Brothers Band Setlist at Music Inn, Lenox ยป

PhantomStranger and RiRiIII like this.
  9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I haven't listened to the Brothers and Sisters 40th Anniversary SHM-CD set in quite awhile. The 2nd CD with the rehearsals, out takes and jams is excellent! The SQ is quite good and the louder the volume the better it sounds :)! Do the standard and SHM CD sets have the same mastering?

rstamberg likes this.
  10. duggan

duggan Senior Member

An edited version was even played on BBC Radio 1 In Concert back in the mid 70s.

11. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I've had the "40th Anniversary Super Deluxe" since mid January this year, but somehow, I never got around to listening to the Winterland show until yesterday.

I'd just finished playing the new "Atlanta 1970" vinyl in it's entirety but I was still in the mood for some more Allman Brothers, then it struck me I had this set, the result being I pulled it out and played both discs of Winterland, boy what a show, it's quite simply outstanding and made for one of the most enjoyable listening sessions I've had in some time.

This has also got me asking the question, was the New Years Eve, Cow Palace Show recorded to multitrack tape, and if so are we ever likely to see an official release?

jay.dee, Pete Puma and budwhite like this.
  12. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Reopened by request

highway likes this.