Allman Brothers Band - Fillmore Box Set (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff Thread Starter

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Closer it gets to Tuesday, the more excited I get !

noname74 and PhoffiFozz like this.
  3. carledwards

carledwards Forum Resident

Thx for the Bull Moose link, guys.

4. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Hopefully my Blu Ray set will be in stock on Tuesday at Bull Moose. I'll drive over to pick it up and it will be in my Oppo 103 in no time flat :D.

Bill

boboquisp likes this.
  5. windfall

windfall Senior Member

This is a tricky one. I managed to get a pre-order in on the CD set for £27.32 at amazon UK. The blu-ray is up there for about £46. I think I am more interested in the BD, especially if it contains both hi rez stereo and surround mixes. ... But that £27.32 is such a bargain!

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Are you taking the Oppo to the store?

:D

Bull Moose likes this.
  7. KeithH

I got sucked in and ordered both -- the Blu-Ray set from amazon.com and the CD set from amazon.co.uk. Here's hoping I have the Blu-Ray set on Tuesday.

8. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I think I will stick with both also. I got the deluxe Moondance set and the Blu-Ray would not play on my Sony BD player. Tried two sets from amazon before I gave up. So if I have the same issue with the Fillmore Blu-Rays, at least I have a version that will work. I may sell the CDs on.

9. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

Got my shipping notice from jpc.de this morning. Can't wait!

10. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I think this release has the highest possibility compared to all similar releases (extended versions of classic lps), not to be rated as "a missed opportunity" by the forum and elsewhere. On the contrary it will be (hopefully) the absolute crown on the top.

11. Myke

Agreed, all anyone has to do is look back at Bill Levenson's previous accomplishments.

The Dreams box , Brothers And Sisters, Skydog, and more.

John Fell, footlooseman and privit1 like this.
  12. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

dreams was a standard setter at the time, Brothers and Sisters Is probably up their with the best of todays Re-issues, (No Blu Ray though) and Skydog set a pretty high bar as well

John Fell and Myke like this.
  13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Yes I am along with my speakers and two subs :D.

Bill

Bull Moose and Tim Peterson like this.
  14. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

and non-Allmans stuff...Clapton's 2 Crossroads boxes, the 20th Layla box, the various Chronicles set from the 90's, etc.

John Fell and footlooseman like this.
  15. KeithH

That's odd with the Moondance Blu-Ray disc. Which player do you have?

16. KeithH

Atta boy!

:D

17. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

Gold I tell ya![​IMG][​IMG]

18. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I just looked at my 1971 Fillmore East Recordings Blu-ray order at Bull Moose and it says "Your item is here! We will hold it until 08/10" :eek: I called the store and the Blu-ray set is there but they can't sell it to me till Tuesday the 29th. I was all excited as I thought I'd have the Blu-ray set much earlier than I expected :).

On the order page it says "Available in store only" and "We have temporarily suspended taking orders for this item. We expect to start taking orders again the week of July 29" so Bull Moose will hopefully begin taking orders to be shipped at that time.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16646691

Bill

19. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Sony BDP S550. Quite an old machine now, I guess, but it has analogue outs, which are increasingly hard to find as I understand. It had to think a little bit about the CSNY 1974 disc as well, but played it OK.

20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Just picked up the vinyl box this afternoon. Gonna open it tonight. I didn't read much of the first thread. Do you know who mastered the vinyl version? I assume it was cut from digital files?

21. KeithH

O.K. That must have been one of Sony's first Blu-Ray players. I bought the BDP-S770 four years ago. The other models that year had model numbers ending in 70. I haven't had any playback issues yet.

It's stupid that they got rid of analog outputs on newer models. :shake:

22. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Mine is long since ordered will be here on 7/29, if all goes well. I'm packing up and moving on the 29th and 30th...the listening session will be within that coming week once we've unpacked settled in. The wife isn't going to like it...oh well :)

23. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'll be at home on Tuesday and will get the Blu-ray and play as much of it as I possibly can. I'll be getting the 6-CD version from amazon.uk the following week.

I'm listening to a great stereo soundboard of the Fillmore at the moment and the sound is very, very good. I can only imagine how good the BD will sound!

footlooseman likes this.
  24. Myke

Remember, customers of Bull Moose...it likely won't be in our hands until Wednesday.
    They've packaged, but won't actually ship until Monday, via USPS, First Class.

25. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Thanks for ordering from the all new bullmoose.com website! The following item(s) has been packaged and will go out in our next shipment.

[​IMG] ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND/1971 FILLMORE EAST RECORDINGS
    Processed on: 07/25/14

Bull Moose, Emmett66 and boboquisp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.