Allman Brothers Band - Fillmore box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belardd, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belardd

belardd Senior Member Thread Starter

I so want a track listing with times NOW

2. brianvargo

brianvargo Senior Member

I so want to be listening to the set NOW. :)

spencer1 and John Fell like this.
  3. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Amen! I could go either way. A three disc set of Win, Lose or Draw w/demos, outtakes, rehearals would be cool. I'm sure there's a few takes of High Falls. Butch has said they kept playing it until they got it perfect, which sucked the life out of it. There's also the band demo of Can't Lose What You Never Had (One More Try anthology). Beyond that, no idea what else exists. I like to think Capricorn had some smart engineers and producers. Look at what was on disc 2 of the Brothers & Sisters set. And Gregg's rehearsals for his spring '74 tour was also recorded, see One More Try anthology. S, I'm sure there are at least *some* extras available. And then discs 2 and 3 could take the best of The 10/22 (Bakersfield) and 10/24 (Oakland) shows. I would actually prefer just one full show...so I would have to pick the 1975 Oakland gig. Am I greedy? Nah, I don't think so. :)

4. pool_of_tears

Sounds like a J.G. Wentworth ad. It's my Fillmore box and I want it now.

5. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

I've seen Butch Trucks say similar things about the EAP Mountain Jam - think he's guilty of a little hyperbole there as, whilst many of the circulating MJs are tremendous (I'm looking at YOU, 12/31/70!!), the EAP one does not let itself down and is nominally better than the Ludlow Garage one, for example.

Also, it was the only MJ multi-tracked from that particular run, but isn't the only multi'd one in existence - we have the 7/3/70 partial and the 7/5/70 edit on the Atlanta Pop release.

footlooseman likes this.
  6. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Where do I sign up to get this!? I'd love a set done just like the Brothers & Sisters super/deluxe. Give the fans the choice whether they want just one bonus disc or the live show as well. Well, imo they should release the live show separately too, but hey I'm not too greedy either. The One More Try anthology was so good that Gregg should've had it pulled and then released it himself. None of the hits/comps done by his various record companies have come close to its greatness.

7. rck60s

rck60s Well-Known Member

There is a 35 + minute version of Mountain Jam on this new set and when you listen to it you feel like you are right there in the Fillmore audience...

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Clanceman likes this.
  9. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Hard to imagine WLD getting an expanded treatment; Brothers And Sisters was a hugely successful album artistically speaking and in terms of sales. WLD seems to be more of a fan-favorite rather than a highly regarded mainstream title. I'd love to see it expanded with archival material from the period, but it seems like a long-shot. That said, there is some great live material from the period, so hopefully Universal figures out a way to release some of it whether it is part of an expanded WLD or in some other configuration.

pool_of_tears and belardd like this.
  10. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I agree with you. I just love extra Allmans outtakes, live releases. They never get boring for me no matter how many versions of the songs I already have.

11. belardd

if we could get some definitive news on the ABB box - photo, track list with times - Amazon listing

12. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I might have missed it earlier but what disc format will the 5.1 surround tracks be on? Will it be HD audio on SACD or Bluray or lossy on DVD?

Bill

13. Myke

We haven't been told yet.

14. highway

highway Forum Resident

How come Please Call Home doesn't seem to be on any Duane era live releases? Great song . . .

15. pool_of_tears

Likely it wasn't played very often, or at all. Gregg did play it during his spring 1974 solo tour.

16. belardd

17. belardd

fredblue, rd1, Mike McMann and 4 others like this.
  18. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

fredblue likes this.
  19. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Blu Ray ordered

20. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

So... Amazon states 2 or 3 times that this Blue Ray release is DVD-Audio and plays in all DVD players (better in those with DVD-A circuitry). Which is correct? I mean DVD and Blue Ray are different formats. Blue Ray players can play DVDs but not the other way around I thought.

21. Myke

Never...NEVER take an Amazon listing literally. :shake: :help:

22. Indeed, they know not of what they speak. But if I didn't already have a blu-ray player, by God, I'd buy one for this.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  23. Myke

I has me an Oppo. I cans play anyting ! :laugh:

Blu-ray
    DVD-V
    DVD-A
    CD
    SACD

24. belardd

Update 5/23 1:30 p.m. PT: The 6-CD version of The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings is available for pre-order through Amazon.com, and confirms the July 29 release date.
    If you look at most "Best Live Albums Of All-Time" lists, you're more than likely to see The Allman Brothers Band's 1971 live album At Fillmore East near the top. The album was recorded over the three-night span of March 11 - 13 and on July 29 we'll be able to hear more material from the run when Mercury Records releases The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings.

[​IMG]
    The news of the pending release was broken by Music TAP. MusicTap's piece doesn't contain much info other than the current expected release date and that it will be issued on vinyl, CD and as digital downloads, but Hittin' The Note publisher John Lynskey, who penned the liner notes for the new release, shared more details which have us very excited.

The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings
    will contain a whopping 14 previously unreleased tracks recorded on March 12 and 13. Apparently the new release includes four full sets from the 12th and 13th as unfortunately no tapes exist from the first night of the run. Lynskey also notes that the package includes the complete versions of the two "You Don't Love Me's" that producer Tom Dowd cut and spliced together for the original version on the At Fillmore East album. The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings is also expected to contain a recording of the Allman's Fillmore East- closing performance from June 27, 1971.

We'll share more details on what looks to be a fantastic release as soon as they are announced.

[via Music TAP and AllmanBrothersBand.com]

25. Me too, got a BDP-103 for Christmas, can't wait till it gets its hands on this set.

JRM and Myke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.