Allsop Orbitrac 3 reintroduced

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by cdash99, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

Allsop Orbitrac 3 Pro Vinyl Record Cleaning System / Kit – (31735) – Allsop

I've noticed that Music Direct is touting this manual cleaner's reintroduction to the marketplace. After watching a YouTube video or two, my instinct is it isn't worth getting rid of my Spin Clean.

Since I don't listen to enough vinyl to justify a vacuum machine, I'm curious if any SHF members have used this item and what their thoughts are, especially in comparison to Spin Clean.

Mr. Explorer and MLutthans like this.
  2. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I still have my old Orbitrac 2 set up. I think it's the best thing I've every experienced outside of a vacuum machine. And sometimes I think it's better than a vacuum machine -- seems to leave no residue which is not always true of vacuum machines in my experience. I used multiple pads for cleaning and then another clean one for drying. A lot of times I won't even go to the vacuum machine if a record needs a minor cleaning, I'll just go to the Orbitrac. I have no experience with the Spin Clean, so I can't compare, or with the new production Orbitrac. But I really loved the latter day version. People have said that the original, round version, was even better, but I have not experience with that either.

Mr. Explorer and bluemooze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.