Am I the only one bored with late night talk shows?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DaleClark, Oct 3, 2017.

1. marcb

marcb Forum Resident

Yes. I can't remember the last time I gave more than a passing glance at a late night talk show. Probably Letterman's last night. And that was largely nostalgic - I gave up on him years before that when he starting morphing into the eccentric, but angry, uncle with FU money.

Edit: I take it back. I watched Craig Ferguson - the crazy, not so angry, uncle without FU money but said FU nonetheless. Who left first...him or Letterman?

2. rburly

rburly This space for rent

They booted Ferguson out to make way for that British sensation James Corden. Letterman was later.

If anyone watches Periscope, have you seen/heard Josh Robert Thompson there? He has feelings of anger for Ferguson. Yesterday, "Who got another show and forgot his friends? Who gets asked about the Robot (Geoff) regularly? (laughs sarcastically) I don't know where Ferguson is now. JRT is eeking out a living.

3. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I saw a clip of Fallon addressing his mother's recent death. It was quite serious and heavy, tears and everything. I think I prefer a time when people kept that sort of thing to a minimum.

MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  4. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Well-Known Member

I loved the Colbert Report but Stephen Colbert's CBS late show is beyond lame.
    Jimmy Fallon is to drunk frat boy for me.
    Jimmy Kimmel is plastic.
    Conan O'Brien is a great writer (Saturday Night Live, The Simpsons) but he sucks as a performer.
    David Letterman on his old NBC Late Night was the best.
    I watch Seth Meyers reruns the next morning but only his opening segment. His political comedy is for lack of a better word, comedy, and that's why I think he's the best.

5. hellion

hellion Well-Known Member

That’s not the case though, Colbert’s ratings are up and Fallon’s are down