Amazing race, Anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by gotityet0, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut Thread Starter

Last night episode was pretty good I thought. I'm rooting for one of the blind date couples to win.

2. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Looking forward to it, but couldn't watch last night partially because of the insane programming. A 90 minute Survivor followed by a 90 minute Amazing Race? Who is the brilliant mastermind who came up with this? How many people have that much free time in one night? It's a shame only one day a week has a night.

3. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

I usually like to watch the show if I'm home and have the time.
    Wasn't expecting this series to start last night, but I was able to watch from almost the beginning.

Anyway, I thought it was a less than stellar beginning. The blind date thing seemed interesting, I suppose. A kind of trial by fire version of dating. But oh man, too many awkward and cringeworthy moments. I can't help but anticipate a few meltdowns on the dating side, and I don't know if I'll be able to stomach the dating banter.

The racing part itself dragged on way longer than necessary. They usually edit down the footage of travel and tasks to the more relevant moments, but the teams that were running behind were just awful. The lost team should have never had that chance to recover. The last 20 min of this episode was pointless. Yikes.

4. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

You bet your boots!

gotityet0 likes this.
  5. John54

John54 Senior Member

Yes, I watched it after Survivor. I've seen every season, except last season (because I mostly couldn't remember to watch on Friday nights, and one of the few times I did remember it was pre-empted. I sat down to watch the penultimate episode, didn't recognize or particularly like any of the teams, and switched it off).

I thought for sure the doctor-nurse blind date team would be toast because they got so much air time. I don't expect them to last too much longer. I don't really have a favourite team at this point. We'll see who starts cracking jokes before I make a decision on that.

gotityet0 likes this.
  6. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I have a distinct distaste for "reality tv" but this show reels me in every time. Good opening show, pretty sure the doc doesn't care much for the pediatric nurse partner. Really like the couple in the lead so far.

gotityet0 likes this.
  7. John54

John54 Senior Member

Watching it right now, while posting on the forum ...

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I watched a little bit of it. It's alright.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

we used to watch it all the time.

it is a little to contrived for me, they never ever let anyone get too far ahead, the manipulate departure times in order to keep it pretty even, which really takes away the competition. it is not a "race" in the true sense of the word, it is a contest to try to stay in it as long as possible hoping to get to the final 2 or 3. then it truly becomes a race. the last couple on the fist leg go on the bullet train almost 4 hours after the first couple, and yet they were able to not finish last again.

it interesting to see the various locales around the world, but it isn't a race at all.

so this year we are watching with the mindset that every week is nice travel channel expose, and the final 3 pairs, whomever they may be, will race at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.