Amazon autorip and music bought via different country

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mo0g, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Mo0g

Mo0g Active Member Thread Starter

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access autorip mp3s of music you have bought from amazon sites outside your own country, and if so how?

I can log onto any of the amazon sites using my UK account info, and see music I have previously bought, but even if I try and then go into my music library whilst logged on, it throws me to the UK login, and I can then only see music bought from amazon UK.

It would be nice to be able to transfer it to my UK library, but even being able to play or download it from the other sites would be good.

Thanks

2. kollektionist

kollektionist Forum Resident

As far as I can tell, those autorips only apply to the country of the site you're using. It's marked as such on each page. There's a few minor exceptions, such as Amazon Germany which also allows people from Austria to download.

3. Mo0g

Mo0g Active Member Thread Starter

Thanks, I expected that, but I can log into amazon.de, and see my orders, so the account is linked to just my German orders. When I click on 'My Music' under 'My Account' it just links to my amazon.co.uk login. So I am using the DE site, but it wont/cant open the My Music regional site. I don't know if this is by design or there is a way for me to force it to go to the regional site. Maybe it uses location data.

4. eddiel

eddiel Forum Resident

Might work if you use a VPN service.