Amazon Coupons Not Reapplying After Pre-order Price Guarantee Price Drop

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by E_Braunn_Fan, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E_Braunn_Fan

E_Braunn_Fan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Amazon's pre-order price guarantee system is failing to reapply coupons when adjusting the item subtotal on an order.

I noticed this issue yesterday when the pre-order price for EL 50th Deluxe cd went down from $44.31 to $42.39. I checked my invoice and found that I was now being charged $1.04 when I had previously had a $0.00 balance since I had paid with a gift card because Amazon's system had failed to reapply the $2.77 coupon that was on the order when I first placed it.

I called them and spent over an hour on the phone explaining the issue and they said they can't credit the coupon until the item ships, but they will make sure it applies to my account at that time. I asked them to escalate this issue to their billing team and they said they would, but I wanted to post here to make sure everyone had a chance to check their orders as well.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Reese, lightbulb and CBackley like this.
  2. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

I completely understand your anger - no one like to be taken any type of advantage of.
    But one dollar and one hour spent to fix it.. man, that was not a time properly spent. I am not judging, just IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.