Amazon Japan 20% off in May

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Trevor_Bartram, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member Thread Starter

I just received my first promotional add from Amazon Japan. Has anyone bought any good jazz CDs lately (I tend to like 50s and 60s albums mainly) and I'll check out your suggestions?

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I would suspect the shipping fees would easily kill the deals unless the prices are remarkably lower or the 20% is on a very expensive CD which would be worth it.

Is the 20% for everything or strictly for vinyl/CDs?

3. Trevor_Bartram

I was hoping people would suggest titles that are exclusive to Japan making the purchase justifiable.

4. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

What's the code?

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  5. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I recently purchased two CDs from Amazon Japan that I couldn't find anywhere else - eBay, international eBay, discogs, CDJapan, nowhere. I was shocked that shipping was not terribly steep - about $10. And I received the items on the East Coast of the U.S. shockingly fast: 3 days, including a weekend. I am not exaggerating.

So yes, for a single CD, I imagine the shipping would be a deal-breaker if Amazon US has the same CD at a similar price. But for two or more CDs, and/or for something not available from Amazon US or a similar free-shipping vendor, Amazon Japan with a 20% off discount code will be surprisingly competitive.

6. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

Yes, what is the code?

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

8. Trevor_Bartram

AGMAY20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.