Amazon Japan

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by mikeyt, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone ever ordered from Amazon Japan for delivery here in the US? There's a photography book I want that isn't available here, I'm wondering if it's possible for me to do this. Any tips and experience much appreciated.

2. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Yes, I've ordered a few times. No problems, sometimes postage is a bit high, but everything generally arrived within 4 days.

I think I had to use a Mastercard.
    I let the card do the conversion, not Amazon. I've never had to return anything.

You can switch the language to english at the bottom of the page, but this generally does not translate the description.

mikeyt likes this.
  3. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident Thread Starter

How is the packing? I imagine an international trip would be a bumpy ride.

4. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Packaging was adequate I guess. I ordered books and calendars over the last few years. Never any damage.

I think the calendars came in an envelope. I can't remember if the books were boxed or in an envelope. I think boxed.

The last order I made in December arrived in 3 days, I think DHS delivered it. So transit time has been relatively short. I live on the East Coast.

mikeyt likes this.
  5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Not in the US, but I've had an equally good experience ordering from Amazon Japan, adequate packaging and fast delivery, only downside is how weak the Pound was, if you want something I'd say order with confidence.

mikeyt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.