Amazon Prime Day - July 16-17, 2018

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Boomy, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Perfect excuse just to buy one *very* expensive LP instead of 5 cheap ones. ;)

2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I checked sold sales as well, and my prices are also comparable there, though occasionally there's a lower-priced item that probably sold very quickly.

3. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

So far, Library Info on the Pono player shows accurate info on the 400gb microSD card, with max capacity of 367gb. Great news!

Cassius, Ivand and Strat-Mangler like this.
  4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I contacted them about an order that was supposed to be delivered next day. It hadn't even shipped by 8pm that day and they eventually updated my status to reflect that it would be late. Then it was supposedly going to be delivered yesterday but UPS updated their shipping status mid-day with some odd language that the tracking number changed so the package had to be rerouted. It's supposedly going to be delivered today, three days after order for a supposed next-day delivery. I can cut them some slack since I'm sure their sales volume was high, but given that I've had three Prime shipments arrive past the 2-day delivery date within the past two months I finally emailed customer service to ask if they still consider on-time deliveries a benefit of paying for Prime. They extended my membership for one month for my "inconvenience."

Shawn likes this.
  5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I am a bit frustrated with Amazon.ca because after signing up for their Prime service shopping for several of the sale LPs getting them into my cart, going through most of checkout and then finding out they will not ship to my location here in the US (it is not like I live somewhere far off, I live in Wisconsin) I buy stuff all the time from Amazon: UK, Germany, and Italy with no problem and reasonable shipping charges. I have also over the years bought plenty through Amazon.ca so I don't really understand what the problem is.
    I ended up buying most of what I wanted through eBay so for Amazon, it just ended up as a loose of sales and I will hesitate going through the process to buy from them again.

6. Strat-Mangler

Can you links to those LPs, please? I'd like to check them out. There's almost always an explanation. I'm just curious to find out what it is.

7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

sure:
    Pete Townshend, Psycoderilect
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NCWA1YU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1
    Robert Plant, Carry Fire
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B074QC6S5N/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1
    Frank Zappa, We're only in it for the Money
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LX92ZDJ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

were a few

8. Strat-Mangler

Only the last one can be shipped to the US. It clearly states so under "In Stock" in the other two cases. You'll see the "This item does not ship to your selected location" message in red before even adding it to your cart.

I get that same behavior with random items on Amazon.com that I'd like to have shipped to Canada. There are underlying distribution contracts and more complex reasons I don't personally care to examine as to why item X can be shipped fine whereas item Y cannot.

I agree it's irritating, though.

lightbulb and marcb like this.
  9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I have had the red banner come up on items before, as I do on these links now. Maybe the did not recognize I was from the US until later in the process, or maybe I just missed it.

10. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I got three boxes yesterday :edthumbs::cheers:

Brenald79 and aoxomoxoa like this.
  11. Dennis Metz

It’s funny how their shipping works. One of the box sets I ordered has actually shipped from South Carolina with a Canada Post tracking number.:cheers:

12. Strat-Mangler

You probably were not signed in at first. I was able to test it because I have an address in both countries. If I'm signed in with a US address from the get-go, that red message will appear on the first two items.At least, you know it's not just you. :)

floyd likes this.
  13. You are far too kind cutting them slack - they are a billion dollar corporation for whom I have no sympathy. Now a mom and pop store over-run by an unexpected influx of sales, yep, I have all the patience for. But Amazon, who no doubt had algorithms run so they would know the expected volume, no way. And like you, I've had quite a few two-day orders delayed. I've also had three 'one day delivery if you spend $35 on qualifying items' take two-three days, instead of one.

bru87tr likes this.
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Amazon is good with extending memberships. In Canada orders are sent through Canada Post and it's almost always within 2 days. Occasionally they send me stuff through UPS or Purilator and it's always a disaster. Neither company will attempt a delivery and sends my package to a random store. Amazon extends my membership a month plus a $10 credit when this happens.

15. Strat-Mangler

That's about 6.50$ + 10$.

16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The UBS and Purulator stores are about an hour round trip for me to drive. One time I called Amazon right after placing an order requesting they don’t use UPS/Purulator and they told me they have no control over that.

17. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Lucky you. I ordered on Monday and got my package on Friday. Didn't offer me anything but an excuse that its an estimate and from when it actually ships.

18. Strat-Mangler

I got a free extra Prime month plus a 10$ credit. My first Prime experience and they couldn't stick to the 2-day shipping promise. Let's see if they can once the rush dies down.

19. My last Prime Day bargain should arrive today, no complaints here, why should I complain? Great deals delivered timely enough to suit me. I don't recall buying much the previous Prime Days but this year I found a few things.

20. Mssisem

Mssisem Forum Resident

Prime day not impressive this year

21. Dennis Metz

Best Prime day ever:edthumbs::cheers:

noname74, audiolab1 and Mistermono like this.
  22. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

This years prime day definitely saved me a lot of money......

Dennis Metz and ermylaw like this.
  23. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Agreed...finally Canadians saw some deals. All that vinyl at 60% off was hard to resist...so I didn't! :)

24. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Any Canadians out there get any "steals" they'd like to share? Any mispricings? :cool:

25. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

No steals but:

Beatles Christmas box - $42
    Metallica Master of Puppets box - $62
    Tragically Hip complete LPs box - $227

All prices CDN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.