Amazon UK preventing exchange for same item.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Classicrock, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member Thread Starter

I have just noticed you are now given two choices if you are returning a faulty item.

1. Refund.

2. Exchange for another item in your shopping basket. (choices are displayed).

This effectively prevents you replacing a faulty item so only option is to reorder it.

Maybe this is a punishment for returning too much vinyl? So is it user specific - anyone else getting just these options?

2. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I reckon I’ll be banned soon for my returns. Most of my stuff I order on amazon is vinyl and I’ve had to return a few. I guess there are plenty of other places I can go. It’s just not worth it to me to keep something that isnt up to standard.

I think mine gives me the same options. Maybe, they see it easier from their side? Not sure really...

3. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Been going on for awhile. The last time I tried to return an LP to Amazon, well over a year ago, they let me try two copies and that was it. If you return too much vinyl (or anything else) they'll just ban you and close your account. Happened to a couple people here IIRC.

4. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Jesus, how much stuff do you have to return to get banned? I've been using Amazon for getting on 20 years now, with an average amount of returns and I've never had a problem.

Ordered some Bluetooth ear buds for on my bike last week and they sent the wrong ones. They just told me to keep them and sent the right ones out that day.

5. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I ordered an album a couple of weeks ago and it had a crack in the edge that went into the first minute or so of both sides. I couldn't exchange for same item, which I did want, so I had to get a refund and then I ordered the record somewhere else. Result is a lost sale to Amazon.

Classicrock and vudicus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.