AMC pulls all of Chris Hardwick's shows amid sexual assault allegations

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael Rose, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Too bad his second season won’t be airing.

3. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

I guess allegations=fact now.

mdent, Ghostworld, Boy Blue and 21 others like this.
  4. Michael Rose

Unfortunately, yes. IIRC, Aziz Ansari is the only man who has been able to come out the other side ok, more or less.

TheVU and Duke Fame like this.
  5. Michael Rose

6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

....and in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....he"s outta here!;)

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Or he's the only one that was innocent of the allegations laid against him and most of the others did not deserve to 'come out the other side ok'.

Ere, zephyr25, BadJack and 3 others like this.
  8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I do remember him saying he was a raging alcoholic , back in the day....
    was this series of incidents during his addiction?

9. Michael Rose

No, he has been sober years before their relationship. I don't think falling off the wagon was mentioned within the accusations.

10. That was apparently part of the complaint alleged against Hardwick. As a recovering alcoholic he demanded she not have alcohol around his presence, which was given as proof of his controlling nature in the relationship.

11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

At this rate, there isn't going to be much content on the tube soon enough. Guess we all should brush up on our reading skills.

George P, DHamilton and 2trackmind like this.
  12. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

morgan freeman seems to have survived his kerfuffle ok

13. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Everyday its somebody new, just like bombings, shootings and everything else, people will be used to seeing these stories and think nothing of it as just another news day.

goodiesguy and Grant like this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

good riddance.

15. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Networks are going to be risk adverse.

Probably best to make your concerns, one way or another, to them if this is really important to you.

16. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Hasn't Ryan Seacrest more or less navigated through his situations as well?

Texastoyz and Zoot Marimba like this.
  17. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

In this day and age of #meetoo, I have a slightly unpopular viewpoint of all this automatically shunning actors who have been named in sexual harassment. I understand if there is compelling evidence, but now people lose their jobs just on a say-so. Companies do not let the legal process take its course.

These days, all anyone has to do is point a finger, and bam! They may lose their livelihood. Even if they are found to be innocent, there will always be a cloud of suspicion and doubt hanging over their head. It's really not fair. I understand that the movement is a strong reaction and correction of women (usually) never being taken seriously, but people do lie. But, we also do not want to ignore an allegation just because 2% or whatever people lie. We should just wait until the legal process makes its findings.

Funny, I haven't heard anything about Sylvester Stallone films being pulled, and the LAPD is investigating him.

18. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

No network is going to go forward airing someone's show with such accusations until they have had a chance to investigate them.

It doesn't mean that he is toast, but I am sure the guests on his show will appreciate the networks proceeding with caution.

Not personally knowing either party involved nor any of the details of their relationship, it would be pretty foolish to choose sides.

Zoot Marimba and Grant like this.
  19. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

is that being played out on twitter? that seems to be the thing to bring in the circus and subsequent cancellations etc.

20. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Has he? I haven't seen or read much about him since that happened. Like others have said, it seems just being accused is enough to derail some people's careers.

Texastoyz, Dudley Morris and Grant like this.
  21. Grant

I don't much follow Twitter of FB.

Another high-profile actor that has been fingered in the last week or so is Arnold Schwarzenegger. Anyone hear any updates on him?

22. Grant

Unfortunately, that's what people immediately do.

Again, i'm not saying to pretend like nothing is wrong, because many times there is. And, if enough people come out, that's the time to really investigate, as with Bill Cosby. Hell, he sink his own ship with his deposition.

Another thing, what about non-criminal things that someone did in the distant past? What if they have shown in recent years that they changed? Do we still hold it against them? Should there be a statue of limitations for non-criminal behavior? By non-criminal, I mean nothing that one could be arrested for.

And, a big question is: can people change? Some do, some don't. Should something someone did earlier in their life haunt them for the rest of their life? Each and every one of us have done something we regret today.

goodiesguy and showtaper like this.
  23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

You can’t believe what any “ex” might say about another. My ex somehow turned our only having one car into me “keeping her a prisoner.” Wow. That was all I could say when her new boyfriend told me that little story. He’ll hath no fury....

24. Michael Rose

You may have a point there. I have heard that he has started to perform stand up sets. No word of his tv career yet.

25. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

Wanting to wait until all of the FACTS are presented isn't choosing sides. If anyone is choosing sides it's Hardwick's employer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.