American Crime on ABC...Anyone else watching?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sberger, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream Thread Starter

Really enjoyed the first episode. Created by John Ridley who won an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for 12 Years A Slave. Easily one of the best shows I've seen on network tv in a long time. Very gritty. Second episode tonight.

Surprised I"m the first one to mention it here.

IronWaffle and JimC like this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Saw the premier and thought it was pretty good. I had a few beefs but nothing worth mentioning. Nice to see Timothy Hutton, Felicity Hoffman and especially Benito Martinez in action again.

3. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

It's on tonight? My listing say otherwise.

4. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Saw the 1st episode. I will see where it goes

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

....my wife is...I'm sure I'll hear about it soon...

6. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

It's a good show but might be too much of a downer for network TV. It looks and feels like a cable show. Acting is very strong.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

very well done......the writers have made it interesting to see where these characters will go.

sooooo much better than the insipid 'secrets and lies'.

JimC likes this.
  8. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Just watched the first episode of this. Thought it really strong. Timothy Hutton was great and was impressed how Non Network the show was.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

starting to move a little slowly......probably because they have to stretch it out.

this week's episode could have been condensed into about 10 minutes......basically a set up for next week.

10. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Good show. I don't know that it's something I'd watch for several seasons, but for a short run I like it a lot.

11. JimC

JimC Senior Member

One of the best series I've seen in awhile. Interesting look and camera techniques, and as others have pointed out, the writing and acting are keeping me tuned in every week.

12. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

WOW, Due to recent events, this show has become a lot more powerful.

I like this show and I'm looking foreword to see where the writing goes.

13. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Second season starts tonight. Was kind of excited to watch it - until I read that it's a new story (which is fine) using the same actors as in the first one, but all in different roles.(whaat?) Not sure I'm up for that....are they trying to copy American Horror Story?

14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I missed the first season and was hoping it would be available on demand or Netflix but no such luck.

15. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Cant wait for season two to begin!

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

we watched about half of season and it just became too repetitive, the acting was superb, but the story never seemed to advance.

it just seemed like each set of characters repeated their same situation form the last episode.

the hispanic father and son fighting with the daughter always sneaking around.

the druggie couple always getting close to being back together but it just never happened.

the mother hating everyone in every show.

etc etc.

17. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

The first season totally ran out of steam for me, too. I won't be back for the sequel.

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

watched episode one..........OK, not too bad........but.........i really hope it moves faster than the last season, or i'm sure i'll bail on this too.

an aside:

it was strange watching the exact same actors in totally different roles.

19. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

yeah, that part is kind of a big turnoff for me - what, they couldn't find other actors for the new season? I DO like the actors , but not on the same show in different roles...

20. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

yeah..no.. Watched about 10 minutes of s02e01 last night...got as far as the wonderful Regina King being (re)cast as a 1%er.
    I'm done.

21. Torontotom

I thought the season premiere of season two was excellent. Lili Taylor was outstanding. And I thought all the actors are doing a seamless job switching into new roles. Felicity Huffman is giving another strong performance.

22. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I don't like this show for reasons that are both not completely formed coherently, and not allowed on here. My mom and grandmother like it, though.

23. Torontotom

Season Two is absolutely riveting. Regina King is absolutely brilliant. Her character is a monster. The whole cast is terrific.

24. chodad

chodad Hodad

The first season is on Netflix. I'm hooked.

25. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

American Crime - watched the first two episodes of S03 and so far I think I will give up on it ..... first season was good, second I didn't mind, but this third one does feel too "cliched" for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.