American Horror Story: Freak Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

This was awesome :

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

[QUOTE="EVOLVIST, post: 11225534, member: 4692
    Man, I don't know if this was an Easter Egg or not, but the Lobster Boy is giving Little Lord Fauntleroy his comeuppance, and LB says - verbatim - "You've got the World on a String, so go back to that Mansion On the Hill of yours."

That can't be coincidence can it? Two Neil Young song titles in one sentence?[/QUOTE]
    Neither are Neil Young composed though, and are songs that the character could well have heard and enjoyed at the time this fantasy is supposed to be set. Definitely a clever combo of song titles in an appropriate sentence!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  4. aoxomoxoa

Neither are Neil Young composed though, and are songs that the character could well have heard and enjoyed at the time this fantasy is supposed to be set. Definitely a clever combo of song titles in an appropriate sentence![/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn't catch that.

5. Neil's versions with the aforementioned song are of his own compositions; they just share similar titles as others. I've Got the World on a String, dates back to 1932 and A Mansion on The Hill, dates back to 1948, which would be appropriate for AHS's 1952 setting.

Perhaps you're right. The song references (whether intentional or not) could be more contemporary songs in relation to 1952. I thought of Mr. Young, though. Don't know why. :)

6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Just watched ep. 1 of the new season tonight and was floored. This could be the best one yet! Looks like I'll be buying the blu-ray of this when it comes out for sure. The only other one I bought was season 1.

7. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

8. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I agree. So far I'd say this is the best one yet. With the condition of "so far" because the writers have a track record of going off course mid-way or throwing things together for the final couple of episodes to wrap it up, like they ran out of time and try to cram in an ending early.

9. aoxomoxoa

As long as they don't bring in Stevie Nicks I suppose we will be ok.

user33977, LordThanos1969 and Lonson like this.
  10. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Three weeks in I'm wondering whether there'll be a song each episode ala this week's censored Lana Del Rey ditty...?

Season 2's The Name Game remains my fave.

11. aoxomoxoa

They have been working music into the plot which I think is pretty cool. I wasn't crazy about this week's offering. But the previou weeks were interesting to say the least.

12. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

EP1 got me interested - thought to best since the first season, but after that it seems to have been very scattered, like they don't know where to take the seasons plot. The scenes with the singers though doing the covers (Mazzy Star, Siouxsie) were super cool though!

13. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

This season is so well done. Unique from anything else on TV. Beautiful in a sublime sort of way.

Worth watching just for that.

14. Lonson

That's pretty much how I feel about this season. My heart's not been in it. I like the singing numbers but wonder why the anachronistic songs. Would hav been cooler for me to use period songs.

15. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Best season and has gone downhill each season since...

16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Just read that this show will be using two songs from the new PERE UBU album....
    Is this TRUE?!?!

17. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Enjoyed the homage to 'Halloween' for this past weeks episode.

JimC likes this.
  18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I'm of the opposite opinion...I love that they are twisting up 'time' by avoiding period songs. Different strokes and all that! :)

agentalbert, Kyhl, JimC and 1 other person like this.
  19. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Not my favorite season thus far but still good. Last season was my favorite.

20. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Curious as to why it was your favorite. I couldn't finish it.

21. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I didn't care at all for the last season as well - only watched about 1/3 of it.

22. Lonson

I watched all of last season and for me it got better when Danny Huston showed up. And worse anytime Stevie Nicks showed up. :) Right now this season and last season are about on the same par for me, my favorite was the second and then the first.

23. aoxomoxoa

Last season was crap. This season might make up for it.

24. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Not sure. I could care less about witches but for some reason I loved all the story lines last season. Less horror maybe since I actually don't care about the horror genre. Second favorite would be the first season. Least favorite so far was season two.

25. Anybody else bugged by the fact that they spent so much time working on the period details but then throw in songs from 1970's and current?

jriems and bartels76 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.