American Horror Story (S7) "Cult"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Let's put a fork in it... maybe revisit the concept in 5 or 6 years if someone can pitch a decent storyline.

2. mds

mds Forum Resident

The series is always interesting, certainly for the first few episodes. Started off extremely strong with the haunted house series with all the murders and ghosts running around. The ones that followed either lost me after three to six episodes or I enjoyed. I thought the Lady Gaga one was great, as well as the Circus with the freaks. Dandy was over the top good as was Jessica Lange. Her Bowie covers were fantastic! The witches was good but not as consistently strong as the others. I thought Asylum had too many threads to follow, but was basically pretty good. I think they could have dropped the Alien bit, saw no purpose in it other than to say the behavior of Nazi's with their experimentation is close to what you hear from people who were supposedly abducted by Aliens. I absolutely hated the Roanoke Series. Really stupid I thought. It had so much potential but they dropped the ball.

The one liners are a riot as well as the over the top acting. The sets and costumes are a real addition to how surreal the show can be at times. This past season was on topic and had some great lines and an interesting message, maybe a bit heavy handed though and it wasn't going to change anyone's political opinions. They do make fun of both sides which is a good thing.

The one outstanding bit is that the cast keeps coming back to play different roles each time. They all should be commended for the great job they are doing and being able to keep their characters fresh.

sentinel90125, JimW and jsayers like this.
  3. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

I just got through a marathon of the 'Cult' season!! Wow! Unreakable, Love, love, LOVED it!! Kinda funny how Charles Manson died right after it aired?? The Universe works in strange ways...

jsayers likes this.
  4. sentinel90125

sentinel90125 Forum Resident

I just finished the season and thought it was outstanding. A real return to form after the terrible Roanoke. Highly recommended!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.