American Horror Story (S8): Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Witchy Woman, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Since this season is bringing in elements from previous seasons, it’s not surprising that Stevie Nicks made an appearance. Her presence provides a way for reviving Misty Day’s sensitive spirit after spending that terrible time in hell.

I didn’t get why Michael went after the teacher and the snitching student. Weren’t they just doing their jobs?

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I suspect they weren't necessarily "real", but just there as part of Misty's version of hell. Maybe.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I was glad to know that the last two years I spent in retail qualify as "being in hell," per the other witch's damnation.

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

5. Witchy Woman

You’re probably right, it just seemed an unnecessarily violent display by Michael who I suppose was trying to impress upon Misty how powerful he is.

6. Witchy Woman

I loved seeing her as well as Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton. That poor girl at the end though!

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Great episode bring the whole AHS full circle! The man in the latex revealed at last! I like this show because it's funny! Almost ever single line last night was a joke or wisecrack. Humor and horror are great together.

8. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Is no one watching this anymore? This last episode featuring the Jessica Lange segment was the best work AHS has EVER put forth. It felt as if her mere presence made everyone involved raise the level of their game! As elevated as her segment was, they probably shoulda used it at the end because what followed felt like a balloon sputtering out of air. Returning to the current infantile story line was such a let down, coupled to the fact that Lange isn't returning this season....hyeah, I'm definitely out!

Ghostworld likes this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yep, it was a great episode. I'm still watching. I have to know what happens. I like the light and funny AHS series and this is one of them. At least this is a "happy" AHS season of good vs evil, with I'm guessing "good" lined up to win.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

What do you mean? In Season 1, Tate (Evan Peters) was the Rubber Suit guy. The flashback last week showed teenage Michael finding the rubber suit and wearing it while he killed the couple who had just bought the house. So we know both Tate and Michael have worn the suit previously.

But we don't know for sure if Michael was the Rubber Suit guy who had sex with Gallant (also Evan Peters). I think Michael denied it was him if I remember correctly. And it seemed like there was a scene with the Rubber Man hiding on the ceiling, observing the two teens on Michael's computer, while Michael was doing something elsewhere.

All that to say I don't know if Michael is the Rubber Suit guy in the compound.

11. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I trust you. Season one was many moons ago.

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

My wife is a huge fan of AHS and she bailed on this season.

She didn't care for it at all.

13. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Finally getting around to this season.
    After watching the first episode I'm not sure when or if I'll get to the second episode. Dreadful. The commercial breaks gave me plenty of time to ponder why nothing in the previous 8 minutes made any sense and typically was boring camp and bad acting.

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I didn't like the ending. If felt gimmicky and overplayed, like a Marvel comic solution to save the world. I thought the episode also felt rushed. And the ending was circular nonsense.

15. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

My least favorite season.

16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Again, this is something else I was looking forward to and have missed since the second episode due to the hurricane. Still no cable or internet and when it comes back up I have to catch up with this and Walking Dead. Until then I will stay out of both threads to avoid any spoilers.

17. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Done after episode 2. Evan Peters is by far the only interesting bit. Everything else was just bad. Really, really bad. Life is too short.
    My wife who enjoys the camp and schlock of previous seasons was dumbfounded by most of it. She might soldier through just to see the tie ins but not me.

18. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

As always, whenever I stop watching a show, I 'keep up' with it by reading about it here. It's easier to spend a few minutes glancing over commentary than to slog through hours of content. Especially shows that are on apparent life support like AHS and The Walking Dead. BUT....if you ever were a fan and perhaps have stopped watching the last few seasons (like me!) I very, very strongly recommend that you seek out the episode this season (ep. 9?) featuring the only appearance by Jessica Lange. You don't have to know anything about whatever's going on, I didn't. Tellyawhat, as soon as her segment is over, they could've announced that the series was a wrap! They'll never reach those heights again.

19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I might do that. I gave up on this season during the last one, and never finished it. But like you I'll check in occasionally on a show I quit and see what people are saying. Haven't seen any of this season. But after the awful "Roanoke Nightmare" and the even worse "Cult", I'm done. I'll try to see the one episode you talked about here, though.

20. Witchy Woman

Overall, this was a rather unexciting and somewhat disappointing season. I kept thinking something climactic was going to happen at any time—and it didn’t. Part of the problem was that this was set in the apocalypse yet not much of the outside world was shown. It was basically the witches vs. the anti-Christ battle with the usual gore and violence. At the least the witches won.

There were some bright spots, like the return of some characters from past seasons and seeing the murder house and hotel. Also, there were some amusing one-liners and dialogue. The reveal of Mallory’s powers to Michael was cool, too as was Misty’s release from Hell.

At any rate, if there’s another season (I doubt it), I’ll probably watch.

Ghostworld likes this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The first episode was great. The second dragged. But the introduction of Michael was interesting and the showdown between the witches and Warlocks was building nicely, then it fell apart. Still fun to watch. I enjoy the humor and the acting. I only made it through four episode of Roanoke.

Witchy Woman likes this.
  22. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Finally finished! It is on Neflix now and I enjoyed it. Nice way to combine seasons. Better than the Hotel series and Roanoak. Have watched the first episode of 1984, have episode two on the DVR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.